7. Which idiot wants to marry me?

Aarushi

I was sleeping peacefully when I heard my mom calling my name not so sweetly. I got up with a jerk and answered her. When she asked me to come down I wanted to change my dress but when I asked her to give me 10 minutes she gave me an ultimatum. Having no other option I ran down in my nightwear.

My sleep flew out of the window when I saw Rani sa and Ranaji sitting in the living room. Am I dreaming or they are really here early in the morning?

I hid behind Papa. A little because it was embarrassing and mostly because my mom was boring holes into my body. She asked no actually threatened me to change my dress and I ran to my room.

I didn't come out after that because I didn't know what was an 'appropriate' dress according to my mother in this situation. I know I am going to get an earful for not stepping out but it's better to be scolded alone than getting embarrassed in front of others. So, I stayed back.

Kabir bhai came to my room and informed me that everyone left and I could have my breakfast. We both had our breakfast and he left for his office. Mumma went to the temple with Rani sa and Dadi was in her room. 

I slouched down on the couch in my room and started reading 'Love at First'. I read it for some time and my phone went off. It was Shikar bhai. I picked up the call and he asked me to bring some blue file to his hospital. 

I got ready, took my scooty keys, and started to his hospital. 

I knocked on the door and entered after hearing a come-in

"Bhai your file!" I said and placed it on his desk. When I turned around I found the same chocolate brown orbs staring at me intently. He scanned me from top to bottom making my breath hitch. I looked away flushed.

"Are you going somewhere Aaru?" Bhai asked.

"Ji bhai. I am going to our school to visit the principal sir." I replied. Actually, it's a lie. But I don't want bhai to know where I am actually going. I was about to walk out when Bhai stopped me.

"Aaru, let me introduce you to my best friend." He said turning to Rana ji and holding my hand.

"Avyaan she is my sister Aarushi. And Aarushi he is my best friend Avyaan!" He introduced us. 

Rana Ji got up and forwarded his hand which I shook with shaky hands. His hands are so warm and rough and here I am sweating like a pig.

"Nice to officially meet you again!" He said with a smirk. This arrogant, handsome asshole!

"Thank you for helping me that day Rana Ji," I said with a small smile. He does affect me but he doesn't need to know that. At least when he doesn't even remember me. But what did he mean by again? Is he talking about the day I lost my way or about our past meets?

"How are you?" He asked with an amusing smile. 

"I am good, Ranaji. Thank you. How are you?" I replied taking back my hand. He let it go like he doesn't want to. But based on the way he enquired how am I, I am sure he doesn't remember me from the past. What was I even expecting? He's such a busy man,  handling lots of businesses. Why would he remember our childhood stupid plays? But I remember everything. But then again it doesn't mean he should also remember everything right? He didn't ask me to fall for him so, Aaru you are getting mad!