4. Lost or Found?

Aarushi

I started walking straight hoping to find a way out. All the hallways looked the same and I don't even know if I had reached somewhere or roaming around in the same place. 

Hey Bappa Please help me out!

I started walking again and searched for someone who could direct me down. What the hell? This is such a big palace and there are hundreds of people attending the Havan but I can't find a single soul for the last 10 minutes.

Then I heard something falling down but found no one. 

"Bappa when I said I can't find a single soul, I didn't mean that I want a real soul here!" I rant to god as I start chanting Hanuman Chalisa in fear with my eyes closed tightly.  I roamed around and found nothing again. I started chanting Hanuman Chalisa and suddenly something ran from my behind and that's it! I started running like mad and hit a wall. An actual wall! 

Then I turned around to see a black cat there. It managed to scare the shit out of me. But it is scary yaar. Its black fur, golden-yellow eyes that shined in the darkness, and long claws!  It walked away and I too got up. I walked again and this time I found a worker to my luck. He asked me to take a right and walk straight.

I did as he said but reached a lawn instead of Hall. Was he confused like me or was it a plan to kill me?

Do you think you are the President of India or some big shot that people will try to kill you? My conscience mocked me. 

I don't need to be a big shot or the President to be killed by people! I yelled back and started looking around.

"What the bloody hell?"

Then I heard someone yelling. I closed my ears and eyes as a reflex. The yelling stopped and I slowly removed my hands from my ears and peeked at the person standing in front of me.

His silky hair is set back perfectly. With his broad forehead, deep chocolate brown orbs, sharp jawline, dark pink lips, short stubble, well-toned abs, 8-pack body, and six feet height, he is no less than a Greek god. I was so lost in his orbs that I forgot the fear I had a while ago. This man what is he doing here? I was trying so hard to get him out of my system and he's here looking like the best creation of Brahma ji!

He cleared his throat bringing me out of my trance. 

Shit! I was openly checking him out! Great Aaru! You have officially become mad and perverted now. Mad pervert!

"I...I lost my way!" I stuttered under his intense gaze. I expected him to guide me down or at least to give some directions but that arrogant bastard walked away saying "Unbelievable!" 

What the fuck is unbelievable here? They made a palace that is no less than a puzzle and expect me to remember way? Is he even my Rana Ji or has he too become that cold and arrogant brat over time training under his grandmother? 

Then a worker came and escorted me down. I thanked him and went to my mom. 

By the look on her face, I am expecting at least 3 hours of lecture once we go home. I just scurried closer to Kabir bhai and didn't leave his arm the whole time in the palace like I was a small kid in a fair. 

After we reached home, to my luck everyone was tired and Mom and Dadi left for their respective rooms without giving me any lecture. I too went to my room and embraced my love, my sleep.

Avyaan

Today, I saw her again. It's not like I don't keep tabs on her and get ner information but I didn't see her in person for 5 damn years except for the day in the hospital and the other time. That day, I saw her just for a few seconds but the effect she had was something out of the world. My heart became restless in anticipation of seeing her again, to talk with her again like the olden days. She was looking heavenly today. Her big doe eyes which were full of fear with a glint of innocence, her sharp nose, her pink plump lips, her chubby cheeks, her long hair which was falling on her face, her long eyelashes brushing her cheekbones, she looked like an angel straight from heaven. It took every ounce of my self-control to stop myself from kissing her then and there. When I heard her angelic voice I knew I couldn't handle it anymore. 

So, I just left from there uttering "Unbelievable!". I asked a worker to guide her to the main hall and came to my room.

I placed a hand on my heart feeling it beating rapidly inside my ribcage. I can feel my breathing going uneven around her. The effect this woman has on me! She makes every cell of my body alive with her presence. She was the one who first saw the vulnerable side of me. She was the only person who managed to understand the raw emotions that I managed to hide from everyone. 

At first, I wanted to protect her and placed guards around her without anyone's knowledge. Then as I grew up, my feelings for her increased. Soon, I realized my feelings for her were not mere responsibility or attraction. It was something more powerful, something very dominating, something so peaceful, I have fallen for her. 

I asked my men to follow her without disturbing her life just to assure myself that she was safe, I used to ask them to send me photos of her whenever I had the urge to see her. Only I know how many times I decided to come out and confess but stopped myself. But today, after seeing her right in front of me I am not going to hold back any longer. I want her in my life.

I did some of my office work to divert my mind. I was done with it by 11 and let sleep take over me with her thoughts roaming in my mind. 

The next morning I woke up and got ready for work. I went down and wished everyone good morning. Rajmatha is feeling a lot better now. We were all having our breakfast when Manish uncle walked in and greeted all of us. I know him from my childhood as he and Papa were best friends and Uncle's dad worked under My grandfather. I had my breakfast and was about to leave when the conversation caught my attention and I stopped in my tracks.

"When did Aarushi come back Manish?" Dad asked Uncle.

"She came back the day before yesterday Hukum. Her exams were over." He replied politely. They are best friends but in front of everyone he never addresses Dad like they are friends.

"She is going to stay here?" Ananya chirped. When did she meet her? Did I miss something?

"Ji Rajkumari. Now, she will leave only after her marriage." He replied making my head snap in my mother's direction. She is the only person in the palace who knows about this. Because she was the one who helped me keep guards behind her as I was just 15 back then and had no royal powers, she gave me an assuring smile.

"Did you find anyone bhai sa?" Maa asked. I clenched my jaw and held the glass placed before me in a tight grip. I can't even imagine her with anyone who's not me.

"No, Rani sa. We didn't speak to her at. Her mother wants to do the talking." He answered. 

"If she is ready for the marriage I have a proposal ready," Maa said smiling at me. I gave a curt nod.

"I will let you know once she agrees to get married Rani sa," Uncle replied. This gave me an overwhelming feeling. Finally, she is going to be mine.

'Hold your horses! She didn't say yes to marriage yet!' My conscience mocked me.

Whenever she is ready for marriage she is going to be my bride. Only mine!