9. I don't want to face him!

Aarushi

We walked out of that restaurant hand in hand. It was the first time I am feeling completely safe without any doubt with someone who was not my brother. After that incident, I was unable to trust even my own relatives but I am trusting him even when I just met him a few days ago after years. His proximity is making me feel different in a good way. But I have loved him even when he was away so it does make sense.

He started to drive and I didn't feel the need to ask where he was taking me.

"Aren't you scared that I might harm you?" He asked glancing at me through his peripheral vision. His eyes filled with mischief as his lips formed into a smirk making me roll my eyes internally.

"I meant it when I said I trust you, Rana Ji," I replied. He took hold of my hand in my lap and placed a kiss on my knuckles. He didn't let go of my hand after that too. He started driving with one hand.

"How much I am controlling myself from..." He trailed off after that. He is controlling himself from doing what?

I looked out to hide my blush as he placed our intertwined hands on his thigh. After some time he stopped the car and opened the door for me. I got out muttering a thank you. It is a guest house. He opened the door and held it for me to enter. He followed me.

"I come here to celebrate my every success. It was gifted to me by my grandfather." He said while I was busy taking in the beauty of this place.

"It's beautiful," I exclaimed. 

"Indeed. It's beautiful." He said looking at...me?

"Want to have something to drink?" He asked walking toward the kitchen. I followed him.

"No, thank you," I said politely. He gave me an amused smile.

"You can't always be this formal and polite with your husband. So, stop being formal with me, and when did you start getting formal with me? The last time I remember you never cared who I was," He said taking out a water bottle and pouring some water for himself.

"Over the years I was always reminded how you are very different from us and how I am supposed to respect you as a king, " I replied. I was contemplating with myself whether to say it or not and he observed this.

"I am no king to you, Aarushi. I was, am, and will always be Ayan for you. No honors and titles included, " He said tucking a hair strand behind my ear making me blush like mad. 

"Now come on spill it. What's running in that little brain of yours?" He enquired making me pout at him for calling my brain little. He just chuckled and urged me to go ahead. I mustered my courage and finally blurted it out.

"I don't like it when you open the car door for me."  He looked at me amused for a few seconds.

"May I know the reason?"  He asked amusement lacing his tone.

"I don't know and I feel it unnecessary too. Like, opening a car door and pulling a chair won't make anyone a gentleman and it didn't feel good when you do it for me. I have always seen people doing things for you and you doing it for me doesn't feel right. " I said hoping I didn't make him angry. If he gets angry mumma would definitely kill me.

"You are different, but I love doing things for you, Aarushi, " He confessed taking a sip of his water. Is he angry? But he doesn't look like he is angry. And what should I say now?

I stared at him for some time and he smirked. That made me realize what I was doing and averted my gaze. What are we going to do till evening? 

"Umm... what are we going to do now?" I asked seeing anywhere but him in embarrassment.

"Any suggestions?" He asked in an amusing tone. I nodded negatively.

"Let me give you a tour of this place first. Then we can decide what to do." He said and I followed him. 

He showed me different rooms and shared a few stories about how he spent his time there. I never thought he could be like this. He is actually making conversations with me. I heard he doesn't speak more than a few words that too when required. He was like this with me in childhood too but I thought he changed over the years. Looks like he didn't. 

We sat on the couch in the main hall once we were done and my legs were paining as hell by now. I sprained my ankle yesterday and wore heels today. I badly want to throw these heels away but I don't want Rana Ji to feel that I have gone mad. I slipped out of my heels and folded my legs on the couch.

His phone went off and he went out to talk. I placed a cushion in my lap and started drawing patterns on it. I was lost in my thoughts when he came and placed slippers in front of me. I gave him a puzzled look.

"Wear them. You will feel comfortable while walking." He said getting up. I was about to protest but his next words made me gulp visibly.

"Don't force me to carry you, Ms. Goyal. I am hardly able to stop myself right now." He said in a husky voice making a shiver run down my spine. My cheeks started burning and suddenly the cool winter atmosphere started becoming hot. I wore those slippers and he gave me a smile. Not a stupid smirk but a real smile.

"I have some work. Shall we?" He asked forwarding his hand. I placed mine in his and we walked out. He locked the house and forwarded the keys to me.

"Why are you giving them to me?" I asked baffled.

"Because this place belongs to you as much as it belongs to me." He said and placed the keys in my hands.

"I can't..." I was about to deny but his one look made me shut up. He again gave me that stupid smirk and we both drove off to Bhai's hospital. 

"Thank you!" I said and was about to open the door when he held my hand. I turned to him confused. He kissed my knuckles and then placed his lips on my forehead lingering there for more than the required time. Butterflies started erupting in my stomach and my cheeks turned red.

"I will see you soon!" He said leaving my hand. I nodded not trusting my voice and dashed inside the hospital.

I went to Bhai's cabin and waited for him to complete his work. He asked me to wait for him so that we could go home together as I took a cab here. Bhai came back in some 45 minutes and we both went home together.

Kabir bhai came to my room along with us and they both started bombarding me with questions. I answered all of their questions and they left from there happily. Maybe it was the first forced decision of my Mumma I am happy about.

I went down and helped Mumma in preparing dinner. We had our dinner in peace. I was about to go to my room when Mumma dropped another bomb.

"Your Maamu's family will be coming here. They are going to stay till marriage." She said and all those memories started flashing in front of my eyes. I think I am not prepared to face him even after 5 years.

We all nodded and I ran to my room. All those memories made me feel breathless. I can feel my heartbeat rising, my head spinning and black dots forming in front of me. My whole body started shivering and I was sweating profusely. I searched my drawers in haste throwing things all over and took out my pills. I gulped them and fell on the bed before blanking out.

"I hope he doesn't come along with them. I am not ready to face him! I don't want to face him!"