Chapter Nineteen

"It's nice to meet you, Mr Bennett." Liv smiled as he swallowed shaking her hand. "Um..." He looked to his daughter who raised her eyebrows at him. "You too." He was definitely taken off guard having Liv in his home, dating his daughter. He knew he had to put a stop to it even if that meant telling his daughter who she really was.

He thought about going to get his gun for a second and calling the precent for back up, but he didn't have enough evidence to put her away. He had bits and pieces that he knew her lawyers could take care of easily that's why he has been trying to take her down for roughly three years now.

"I'm sorry... I'm just a little thrown is all." He said as Carson walked towards them grabbing his fathers shoulders with a smile, shaking him slightly. "I know who knew Harley could land a knock out like Liv." Bennett swallowed once more staring at Liv who gave him a grin.

"Where's Tyler? This is his dinner." Harley stated bringing her fathers attention to her allowing him to take a deep breath in still trying to wrap his head around this. She felt bad of course seeing her father like that, but this was the only way to keep him safe. This had to work or she knew Liv would have no choice.

"Oh uh he's running a little late. Did he tell you he's applying to the academy?" Harley frowned at her father. "What? Since when does he want to be a cop?"

Bennett shrugged his shoulders as Carson smirked. "Yeah, Liv you better watch yourself in this family, hope you don't know any criminals." Carson joked as Harley looked up at her seeing her grinning.

"No. I'm just a simple café owner." Bennett nodded. "The main one is on 14th street, in Manhattan?" Bennett questioned as Liv nodded knowing fine well he knew where all her cafes were. He kept tabs on her as she did him.

"Didn't that have a break in?" Liv nodded frowning to Harley who licked her lips telling her she hadn't told her parents that she was in the café when it happened. "What?" Liv shook her head looking to Bennett.

"I remember getting a call in about that." He stated looking to her, that's when Liv realised Harley hadn't told her parents about her working in the café at all, they still thought she worked at the bank or was jobless.

"Have you caught the guy yet?" Carson questioned looking to his father who shook his head before smiling at Liv.

"No, but I'm sure he'll turn up." Liv licked her lips. "He might not. I'm just glad my staff were unharmed." She smiled clearly knowing something everyone else didn't.

"Tyler just pulled up." Ava said causing Bennett and Carson to head further into the house. "Why do I get the feeling that he won't ever turn up?" Harley questioned quietly as Liv smirked at her.

"Liv what did you do?" Harley grabbed her arm pulling her back stopping her from entering the kitchen with her family not that it stopped them from seeing the two, the kitchen and the small entrance were connected by a large round arch way that led into the entrance where stairs where leading up to the bedrooms past the stairs was the living room.

"No one threatens my family and gets to live to tell about it." Liv said moving closer to Harley making it look like the two were whispering sweet nothings to each other.

"Aww aren't they just adorable." Ava said to Bennett bringing everyone's attention to her as Harley slowly turned to her mother smiling. "How did you guys meet again?" Carson questioned throwing a peanut into his mouth, nonchalantly.

"Hola!" Tyler the youngest child screamed as he entered the house. "Harley!" He rushed to her hugging her tightly picking her up and spinning her before putting her back down knowing better.

"Hey, Ty. Happy birthday." She smiled before realising she hadn't gotten her own brother a gift, her mind was always else where mainly on the crime boss, she still found it hard to wrap her head around who Liv actually was.