010: little sleepover.

NICKY NOW sat on the floor between her brother's legs, the boy sat up straight and was brushing her hair gently, he started by holding the length of hair midway and began brushing the hair from the ends and working his way up, the way Wayne taught them to. Eddie always loved brushing Nicky's hair.

Ever since they were kids, he was always brushing her hair and enjoyed it, even pretended to cut her hair by using his fingers and she'd giggle then say she'll visit his hair salon a lot if he ever opens one up. "Why'd you cut your hair like this?" He asked and she shrugs. "Saw Joan Jett once in a magazine and thought she was hot. I just kind of messed it up because I did it myself." She said and Eddie hums. "It looks okay." He says.

"Munson Hair Salon approved?" She jokes and he chuckles, finishing up brushing her hair. "Maybe." He merely says and she smiles before staying there like that, bringing her knees up to her chests, hugging them tightly. "I miss mom." She says suddenly and he glanced down, pulling off the stray blonde hair around the bristles on his hairbrush.

"Me too..." He says and she just smiled, resting her chin onto her knee. "I miss when she would brush her fingers through my hair and lay with me in my bed until I fell asleep. I couldn't sleep much or at all sometimes after when she left..." She says, just staring at the top of the coffee table when Eddie suddenly got up, making sure his knee doesn't hit Nicky or the back of her head and rushing off to the bathroom to put away his sister's hairbrush.

Nicky didn't bring up their mom much after, they sat together on the couch and watched tv until it was around 9. A quarter after nine when Nicky went to go pack a bag with one set of her clothes and pyjamas, also grabbing her hair brush and her toothbrush on her way out. "That's really all you're taking to your little sleepover?" Eddie asked as he took out a beer can from the fridge and popped it open. "Yep." Nicky merely responded and Eddie shrugs, heading down the hall.

"Okay. Have fun. Don't get pregnant."

Nicky just does a sarcastic laugh before she was on her way, walking across the street and walking up to the front door where she knocked. The door swung open and Susan is smiling so brightly at her. At the beginning when Billy, Max's brother died, and Neil left her and Max just like that when it was all too much for him, the woman hadn't been doing well but it was all thanks to Max and the constant visits from Nicky that she got better.

"Hi Nicky!" She says and even brings the blonde into a tight smile that made her smile and hug back the redheaded woman before parting. "Is Max home yet?" She asked and Susan points with her thumb. "Yeah, her and the girl, uh... Jane are in the room, she told me to just send you in there once you get here." She says and Nicky smiled, nodding softly as the Mayfield woman then opened the door wider to let her into their trailer home.

Nicky approached the bedroom where she heard Max burst out laughing and exclaim, "El!" Nicky furrows her brows then swung open the door, "hey." She said as she walked in and the redhead and brunette are both immediately quiet, looking over at the blonde. "Why'd you get so quiet?" She laughs as she slowly closed the bedroom door right behind her.

"Nothing." El giggled and bumped her shoulder against Max who's blushing hard and rolling her eyes. "Okay." Nicky chuckles as she walked over and sat with them on the bed. "So... I was wondering, like... what exactly happened with you and Mike?" El brought up as Nicky's sort of scratching her chin, slowly laying down now and she shrugged. "Uh, he said he messed up. And wanted to make it right with someone. Like, make up with them." She explains, shrugging her shoulders again.

"Like... who?" Max asked, furrowing her brows and Nicky just pursed her lips. "Um... someone. Someone he did wrong, or made upset." She merely replied with and immediately Max and El glanced at one another so she quickly sat up. "Not El." She clarified and El giggled. "I know. You mean Will, right?" She asked and Nicky squints her eyes a bit at her. "Yeah... how did you know?" She asked curiously and El just shrugged. "A feeling." She says and Nicky chuckles. "Sure. Okay." She says then El frowns.

"Did you not like Mike? Why aren't you upset?" She asked suddenly and Nicky just glanced at Max who was staring at her hands, kind of touching the nail polish that Nicky applied on them just last week, some of it was chipping but most of it was still there. "No. I mean... I kind of never thought of him that way. I thought he was a new friend. And... I don't know, he was just so dorky, I was not really into it but knew he liked or... somewhat had a tiny crush? I don't know but he's definitely bisexual." She explained then shrugged her shoulders.

"So... did he say it in his own words that he likes Will?" Max asked curiously as she glanced up at Nicky who just made a face. "He didn't exactly say it... but I felt like there was an undertone of him having a crush?" She says, scrunching up her face slightly and Max snorts. "Of course Mike would never actually admits, like actually voices his feelings, especially when he likes someone. He just pounced on El like she was a piece of meat." She says and the Hopper girl looks at her with a fake offended look, "Max!" She exclaimed.

Max laughs at her reaction as Nicky glanced between them, giggling quietly. "How long have you known each other?" She asked curiously and El glanced at Max quickly who just smiled widely at her. "We were like thirteen, I was new to her little group of friends, she hadn't seen them in a year or so, she was... away for a bit." She explains and El nodded quickly with a small grin. "And then she came back and thought that I was stealing Mike, which is kind of gross." She says and El rolls her eyes.

Nicky smiled brightly as Max and El explain their friendship, also briefly mentioning that El used to be homeschooled so she only ever hungout with Mike between the timeframes of the Snowball to the summer she moved away, so that it felt like a really short time for their friendship but their bond was still so strong. She listened to every single word, even when Max awkwardly mentions her crush, which made El smile at her faintly, and their little falling out which didn't last long, even crediting Nicky for bringing their friendship back to life.

"Wait, so El, you didn't have... a problem with that? Max liking you?" She asked suddenly and El shook her head quickly, smiling at Max as she did so before looking at Nicky. "No. I... I--I just had my own thing to deal with, and told her it wouldn't work out because I don't like dating. Or sex. Or anything that has to do with anyone else in a sense that's not platonic." She explained and Nicky raised her brows.

"Oh, yeah, that, uh, that makes sense." She nods and El just smiles sweetly at her. "So, aromantic and asexual?" Nicky gestured to the girl who nodded quickly, a wider grin on her face. "Yep." She says proudly and Nicky smiles back at her. "Cool. I'm actually pansexual." She gestured to herself and El smiles, glancing at Max quickly who looked at Nicky right away. "Right, and I'm bisexual." She says, a quieter voice than the two girls.

"Cool. Super cool." Nicky smiled wider and nodded softly before glancing away. "It's actually crazy to me I've never... had friends to talk to this about, until I met Max of course." She glanced at the redhead who smiled softly at her. "Well, I'm glad you've been friends with Max these past years I've been at Lenora. And I'm happy we're also friends." El says, always smiling that sweet way she smiles that makes Nicky smile back. Such a contagious smile, even her laugh, she definitely doesn't blame Max for having a crush on El.

Still, there's some deep down jealousy for some reason, the way Max glanced at El and stared at her, smiling so big so Nicky looks away, scratching her chin awkwardly before she pursed her lips. "Yeah, I mean, same here. I'm glad we're friends." She then smiled, looking at them and El giggles quietly, glancing at Max next to her who's still staring. "So, what do we have to do tonight?" Nicky asked curiously, looking at Max who quickly turned her head to look at her right away.

"El burrowed Hellraiser from her brother."

authors note
i feel like hellraiser is the one horror movie i know so much about but also so little bc i never watched it lmfao

+ i forgot to update this lols