019: holy shit you guys.

WILL WAS slightly confused now, frowning slightly. "Well, what was it? I'm sure... it isn't that bad..." He says but he just sounds very unsure and she just sighs. "We--we came up to get soda and we were just kissing for a bit, and then I told her I love her." She said and took a deep breath, waiting for his reaction.

"Oh."

Oh? Again? That's bad, Nicky thought as she sighs, putting her head in her hands. "Wait, how exactly did you mess up by saying that? Don't girls love hearing that?" Will then asked and Nicky peeks at him through her fingers. "Right?" She whispers then covered her eyes again as he just shook his head. "I don't understand." He says in response as she huffs.

"She didn't say it back..." Nicky mumbled and Will furrows his brows. "What?" He says and she immediately stood up straight, setting her hands on top of the counter. "She didn't say it back." She says a bit too aggressively and Will sighs. "Oh. That... sucks." He says and she just crossed her arms. "I feel so stupid. Like I shouldn't have said it in the first place." She sighed, rubbing her eyes and he just walks over, standing near where she is.

"Well... I mean, your feelings are just at an all time high right now. And you couldn't help saying how you felt when you felt it... maybe it just scared her because Max isn't used to being loved. I remember when Lucas told me the first time they broke up, the reason was because Max was scared of the commitment. Being boyfriend and girlfriend officially." He says, sighing as he clasped his hands together. "Which makes sense... coming from someone with her background. Shitty father, left her and her mom, she tried to make it work, but then her mom met an even shittier guy." He explained, shrugging his shoulders.

He looks at Nicky who's just sadly staring at the counter. "I'm the total opposite. She runs from love, and that's all I have. I have so much love to give people." She looks at him, just frowning and he sighs, putting an arm around her. She immediately wraps her arms around him and he hugs her very tightly, rubbing her back gently as they hug.

"I'm sure she'll come around." He said as she just closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I shouldn't have said it." She murmured and he shook his head. "No. But you had to let it out." He tells her and she sighs, stepping back when the microwave was done, just loudly beeping. "We should get back to the others..." She merely says, walking away and he follows, holding sodas and some chips.

Nicky hands over the popcorn to El who giggled, "thank you, Nicky!" She digs in right away and Mike points. "How many bags have you eaten today alone?" He asked and El just quietly muched on a piece of popcorn, not wanting to answer that question. Nicky held up her hand to show him five fingers. "Nuh-uh!" El exclaims, pushing her hand down. "Yeah-huh!" Nicky shouts and Mike sighed.

"That's insane. Five bags of popcorn?" He says and El just looks at him. "I'll buy you some..." She whispers and ate more of her popcorn. "It's fine. Right, Mike?" Will sat next to him, handing over the soda he got for his boyfriend who sighed. "I guess." He wraps his arm around Will's shoulders in the process. "I can't wait to go home. I kind of miss school." El says and Nicky looks at her, bewildered.

"You miss school?" She asked right away and El nods. "Ignore her. She's a psycho." Dustin whispered and did the cuckoo thing with his finger next to his temple. "Hey!" El tossed popcorn his way and he just gave her a frown as Max suddenly stood up, grabbing Nicky's hand. "Come with me." She says.

"Uh-oh, someone's in trouble." Lucas says in a sing-song tone and Nicky flips him off right away as she's being dragged towards the staircase, all the way upstairs to the kitchen where Max stopped and turned to her. "I love you too." She said and Nicky just stared at her, shocked. "Really--" "but that's besides the point. There's a lot of things I need to tell you about first." She said, gesturing to the taller.

"Besides the point? Max, you love me too," Nicky cooes, stepping closer to the redhead and raising her hands up to her girlfriend's face. Max grabbed her hands in both of her own, "besides the point because I have important stuff to tell you." The shorter says and the taller just softly nods, leaning down then connecting their lips together in a small kiss. "But you love me too." Nicky says.

"What's not to love about you?" Max says quietly, tucking Nicky's blonde hair behind her ear which made the Munson giggle softly, biting down on her bottom lip. "Listen though... there's some shit I need to tell you." Max says, her brows furrowing together as she frowns and Nicky grew serious. "Yeah?"

That's when Max went into full details, of a lot of things while Nicky just stood there, staring at her and blinking a few times. Upside Down. Mind Flayer. Gate. Russians. What. "Oh..." She says. And Max sighed deeply. "You might not believe me. But... seriously, this is all next level, government might kill us, it could come back any moment type of shit." She says and then she looked away, sighing quietly.

"Also El has powers. She moved the bottle during Spin the Bottle so that she wouldn't have to kiss her ex but that meant you had to go in there with Mike." She quickly looks up to see Nicky's reaction. "Oh... holy shit. Are you serious? Powers? Like what kind? Well obviously moving stuff with her brain, but what else can she do?" She asked right away and Max just slowly grinned up at her. "Well, instead of telling you, she can show you."

After Max explained everything to the group and getting scolded by Dustin for "letting an outsider in on the NDA", they all sat together and watched El lift multiple things off the floor, making them float in the air. An old Millenium Falcon toy that Mike owns, even a spaceship and then Nicky immediately stood, "wait, can you lift me?!" She says, smiling widely and El just looked over at Max.

The redhead just shrugged and nodded so El tilted her head forward then Nicky lifted off the floor, "holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit!" The Munson exclaimed then the Byers let her down onto the floor, wiping away the little nosebleed she gets. "It used to wear me out very easily, but not anymore." El smiled and Nicky just laughed, looking around at the others. "Holy shit, you guys!" She exclaimed loudly.

authors note
next chapter is the last :)

+ updating now bc i have a supper thing to go to and i'll be busy until it's done lolz