S1 E12: Can We Make It In Time? The Snowy Savior, PAW Patrol Cyan!

October 4th, 2029

Ben patted Alex on the head. "Okay, Alex, me and Ryder are going to visit a friend really far up north. You're going to stay here with Katie for today. Do you promise to be nice to Katie and Callie while me and Ryder are gone?" Ben asked.

They were going to go and see Jake, who was watching penguins in the snowy area north of Adventure Bay. Farther north than his mountain. Alex was too young to go up to that place, and with his pure white coat of fur, he could easily get lost. "Yup. Promise." Alex murmured.

The wolf cub gave Ben a loving lick before running off to Katie and circling her legs. In the past two days, Alex's vocabulary had improved greatly. He was now able to call Ben, Ryder, and the pups by name, and also had gotten the grasp of many words. "I really appreciate this, Katie. I'll pay you when I come and pick him up." Ben gratefully told the young veterinarian girl.

"Oh, it's not a problem, Ben! I've known you and Ryder since we were in kindergarten! Plus, the PAW Patrol has helped Callie out several times. Anything I can do to help!" Katie earnestly replied.

Ben's phone vibrated and he pulled it out-- it was a text from Ryder. "Well, that's my cue to get going. I'm driving everyone up there in the Patroller. We finished putting some upgrades on it so that the pup vehicles can deploy from inside." Ben sighed as he waved Katie and Alex goodbye before sprinting out of the pet salon/vet clinic and hopping on his motorcycle, driving back to the Lookout.

Once he got back to the Lookout, he saw Ryder putting his helmet on and putting the keys in for his ATV. "Where are the pups, Ryder? Minus Alex, of course. I just dropped him off at Katie's." Ben asked.

"They're out racing in the dry rocky area outside Adventure Bay. They wanted a large open area so they could race their vehicles! And it's already on the way to the penguin zone, which is where Jake is at." Ryder explained.

Ben nodded his head and got in the PAW Patroller's driver seat. They had plans to create a robotic pup that would drive the vehicle for them, but they were still struggling with getting the AI functional. Neither Ben nor Ryder had much experience with artificial intelligence. Until their metallic mutt companion was operational, they'd have to drive the PAW Patroller themselves.

Ben stuck a little bit behind Ryder so that he could surprise the pups. After about an hour or so of driving, they got to the desert area. Ben saw Ryder hop off the ATV and talk to the pups, so he waited for Ryder to give a signal. When he pulled the pup pad out and pressed a button, the Patroller honked, and that was the signal. Ben drove into the view of the pups, drifting and doing a fancy driving move like in Mario Kart before stopping. "Say hello to the PAW Patroller!" Ryder announced.

Though Ben couldn't make out what the pups were saying, he could tell just from the way they looked that they were extremely excited and impressed. Ben opened up the back door of it, revealing that the puphouses the team hadn't taken out on their trip were inside. "It gets even cooler!" Ben hollered as he pressed a button, causing the side of the massive van to open up and become an entrance ramp. Ryder and the pups entered an area with cushions, a pup treat container, and a big screen. "This is the lounge area, complete with a snack machine, cushions, and a massive monitor to play games like Pup Pup Boogie on. Not only that, but the front area doubles as a mobile command center! There's room up top for my motorcycle and Ryder's ATV as well!" Ben explained to all of the canines. Many astonished voices and barks were heard.

As the six of them jumped on the couches in front, Ryder revealed that area was for when he had to give out assignments. "Ben!? You're driving?" Rubble gasped.

"Sure as heck am! Someone's gotta drive this thing." Ben chuckled, before honking the horn and making all the pups howl in delight.

The group loaded their vehicles onto the PAW Patroller when Ryder got a call from Jake. "Now watch this, pups!" Ryder proudly said as he took the call. The big screen flashed up, and Ryder pressed a finger to the massive monitor to bring up Jake's face cam. "Hey, Jake. How's the big trip going?" Ryder asked.