S1 E16: Pups Fight Fire! Ben and Marshall, Dynamic Duo!

October 20th, 2029

Today was extremely exciting for Adventure Bay. Word of the PAW Patrol's exploits had traveled throughout the California coastline, and many towns and cities wanted to try and one up the group of plucky pups. Cities such as Angel Grove and Mariner Bay also had their fair share of heroes, and one week ago, it was announced that there would be a World's Fastest Fire Pup competition. Pups all across the globe would compete to get the best time in an obstacle course, and they would be timed by the seasoned veteran professional Carter Grayson, who had battled fires, natural disasters, and monsters alike in the service of Mariner Bay.

When Marshall heard about this, he was ecstatic and energized beyond belief. Carter Grayson was a person he idolized, similar to how Rubble loved Apollo the Super Pup. Marshall and Ben immediately started to prepare for the obstacle course, printing out the course layout from the official website and reconstructing it with the stuff they had lying around the Lookout. Rocky was all too happy to lend some of the items he kept in his truck as items for their training regiment.

They were about to run through the course one more time. The official run was going to happen in a few hours, and Marshall wanted to do one more practice attempt. "On your mark, get set, GO!" Chase yelled, pressing his paw to the custom made stopwatch.

The pressure plate caused the clock to start counting up, and Marshall took off. "Woohoo! Go Marshall!" Skye cheered as the dalmatian leapt over the wooden bars.

Unfortunately, he tripped on the last one, getting launched into the air and bouncing off of the tires. Amazingly, though, he landed on his feet, and he continued on the course. "Nice move! I really think Marshall could win the Fastest Fire-pup trophy today!" Rubble commented.

"Of course he can! Marshall's the best fire pup in the world!" Ben exclaimed.

"I've been training for this all week. Water Cannons!" Marshall said, before barking out his water blasters from his pup pack.

The stream of water arced up and splashed into the bucket, filling it up. The fire pup barked again to get his water cannons put away before he then promptly crashed into the water bucket and got it on his head. "Come on, Marshall, keep going!" Alex cheered for his friend.

Chase glanced at the clock and gulped. "Time's running out. Marshall better hurry." The German Shepherd muttered nervously.

Bringing out his megaphone, Chase announced that the animal rescue section of the course was next. "Time for your big rescue, Callie!" Skye called out, and the cat made a dramatic swooning motion before giggling.

Marshall hopped in his fire truck and went over to the tree, activating his ladder. The ladder extended... before it jammed into the tree branches, and a piece of it broke off. Ben was horrified. They hadn't replaced or upgraded the ladder in years, so the years of neglect must have weakened it. Marshall climbed up what was left of the ladder and tried to grab the cat, but the ladder was too short, and he tumbled to the ground. Callie hopped off of the branch and walked off. "Mawshall, you okay?" Zuma asked the dalmatian lying on the ground.

"I'll never break the Fastest Fire-pup record like this! I can't rescue animals or people without my ladder!!" Marshall moaned in despair.

"Don't worry, Marshall. Ryder and his grandpa built your fire truck. Plus, Rocky and I know how they're assembled and how to do maintenance. We'll have your ladder fixed up before the fire fighting competition. And if we can't, I'll go talk to Carter and explain the situation. He's a really understanding person. I'm sure that he'll be willing to postpone the competition until our fire truck is operational if it's really necessary." Ben comforted his friend, giving words of reassurance.