Chapter 10

Once I arrived back home two days later, things instantly went back to how they've always been. Luke and Caleb acted as if nothing out of the ordinary occurred and Ethan and Carter ignored me. Such fucking cowards. They couldn't even face me.

All week I attempted to get something out of them, literally anything that would explain why they do the things they do to me. The closest I got to an answer was "Fuck off and kill yourself again," from Ethan.

Today, my first day back at school after the incident, I noticed Gabe (Carters best friend) suspiciously following me around but keeping a safe distance. He was almost acting as my body guard the way he kept himself lingered behind my every move, keeping his gaze on me but saying nothing nor doing anything interactive with me. I thought about questioning him when I was approaching the bathroom during fifth period and noticed him a couple lockers down just waiting there, but I got scared knowing that man would not hesitate to put me in a head lock.

I stayed in the bathroom for at least 20 minutes praying he'd be gone by the time I got out, but to my dismay, Carter was out there talking with him.  Luckily, I only peaked my head out so they hadn't seen me yet. My only thought was to sneak by them as quietly and quickly as possible, but the odds of Carter not seeing me were slim considering his body was faced directly at the bathroom door. The only way he'd miss me was if he was in such deep concentration he lost sight of his center of gaze.

"I can't stay in here forever." I groan to myself.

I decide to go with my plan of sneaking by them. That doesn't last too long when Carters obnoxious laugh captures my attention. He's staring directly at me with the widest grin of his life. Gabe turned around too, also displaying his fits of laughter.

"What about me leaving the restroom is funny?" I spat. Carters smile forms into a scowl.

"Watch your tone."

I directed my dialogue to Gabe.

"Why have you been following me around all day?"

"Are you that much of a self absorbed whore?" He seethed. My cheeks burned red and for a second I doubted myself entirely. Had I just been paranoid this entire day and completely accused him of nothing?

Carter takes long strides to get closer to me just so he can show off our height difference. He does this constantly to assert dominance. He's around 6'3 while i'm 5'7. His obvious goal is to make me scared and realize just how weak I am compared to him, and it always works.

"You should learn to be more grateful Brynn, notice how you haven't even been looked at rudely today? How your bullying has finally stopped today? Maybe instead of attacking my dear, innocent Gabe you should be sucking his dick."

My mind reels back through the events of today. Holy shit, he was right. My day has been oddly quiet and not entertaining, and when you have 4 brothers who are popular and bully you constantly, those two words don't exist. Since my brothers weren't bullying me nobody else felt like it. Had Carter told Gabe to protect me today? There was no way.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Get a brain."

Carter turned around and began to talk with Gabe again while retreating down the hallway. I have so many questions wondering my mind but of course Carter has to leave them all unanswered. I think part of him loves leaving me confused.
__________________

When I got home later that day, Caleb and the entire fucking football team was in my family
room. I nearly threw up all over myself right then and there.

A few guys whistle as I walk through the room in order to get to the kitchen. One guy asks me if i've gotten any beatings recently and if he can go next. I didn't know Caleb openly shared his abuse to me with his friends.