Gabriella

Scarlett and I have hung out after every game so far. It's only been at her house because Dad is back. This weekend, I didn't leave. I mean, Scarlett and I went out but I showered at her house, slept there, and ate there all weekend.

And her parents were completely okay with it.

Her mom, I mean.

Her dad hasn't been there at the same time as me. He hasn't been there at all.

Chip isn't happy about it.

No, he has hated me since 7th grade and I still don't know why.

Sydney, Yoda, and Mobius think it's hilarious. I'm head over heels for a straight girl who is slowly becoming one of my closest friends.

It's weird.

And it hurts like a bitch.

I mean, outside of school, we talk and hang out and do things almost every day. But in school, I hardly exist to her.

And that hurts even worse.

"You've barely touched your mash, dude." Mobius pointed his fork at my still full plate. He decided we're better company than those meat heads and started sitting with us at lunch everyday instead of once a week.

"I'm just not hungry." I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at the cheerleaders sitting at an overly full table. Scarlett included.

"Diana's mashed potatoes are your favorite thing in this school." Yoda put his phone face down and leaned forward, "What the hell is happening?"

I shook my head, "I think it has something to do with my period." I looked between the boys, "Want more details?"

Mobius raised his lip up, "Nothing against your menstrual cycle and props to you for dealing with it, but I don't want to hear about it." He put his hands up, "In a feministic way! I will totally go buy you ice cream or chocolate or a pillow the perfect shape for your back, but I don't want details."

I laughed so hard I started to cry. Sydney was doing the same.

When I finally calmed down, I looked back up at him, "Thank you Mobius. I understand."

I needed that laugh. Coach W has been working us so hard for the past 3 weeks. And between hockey, school, and Scarlett, my head is a mess.

"Oh my God." Sydney kicked me under the table.

"Ow Syd." I rubbed my shin, "What?"

"Gabriella."

My heart dropped and I turned to the entry doors to the cafeteria, "No fucking way."

"What does Gabriella have to do with anything?" Mobius raised his eyebrows, clearly confused about what the hell was going on.

Meanwhile, I am freaking out.

"I'm gonna go." I grabbed my bag and glanced at Mo, "I will explain every little detail to you later, but I have to get out of here."

"Natalie. I was hoping I'd find you in here." She's wearing a light blue crop top that has a tiny sunflower on it. White pants. Black Vans. I'm the one who taught her how to dress so i will take the credit on her decent outfit.

That's not the point.

"This is the lunch room. And it is lunch time." I looked at my watch, "Oops. I told Coach I'd do some drills. Gotta run."

She grabbed my arm, "I need to talk to you."

I nodded, trying so hard to keep my cool when really, I just wanted to explode on her. But this is the school cafeteria. And I am not an idiot. "Maybe later."