Olivia

"Rise and shine, sleepy heads! You've slept past your alarms and are officially 2 hours late to school." Patty was standing at the edge of Sydney's bed. His arms were crossed across his chest and he was not happy with us right now. "You two better be out of the house before me or else."

"Dad. You can't ground Natalie." Sydney sat up and rubbed her eyes, pulling the warmth of the covers away from me.

"Yes but I can ground you. Which is just as good."

I groaned, "I'm sorry, Patty."

He rolled his eyes, "I have McDonalds on the table." The sassy bald man walked away.

He was a ginger. But not a cute kind of ginger. I would've gone bald if I was him too.

Patty the ginger man? No. Patty the baldy with sass.

Sydney rolled out of bed and went into her closet, "Oooh do you wanna match today?"

I buried my face into the pillows she had stacked on her bed, "As long as it's not yellow or  a dress."

She groaned, "You're too difficult."

I finally sat all the way up, stretching to try and wake myself up, "Or I knew that you were holding those yellow sundresses your mom made us wear for that Easter brunch." I stood up and touched my toes, trying to pop my back, "What's the point of even going to school now?"

"Dad loves school and he'd rather be alone in the house, you know this." She laid out a brown pair of Empyre slacks that I'm 99% sure already belong to me and an ACDC shirt.

"I don't listen to ACDC and I'm not a poser."

"But I listen to them and if anyone asks, it's my shirt." She folded her arms across her chest, "This outfit is gas. Throw on your converse, the Prada necklace in my jewelry case, and a belt and you'll have so many bitches."

"Shut up." I threw her sunflower pillow at her and went over to her dresser, going straight to my drawer.

Something I've had since we were little: A drawer at her house. My toothbrush, razor, underwear, bras, swimsuits. Everything I could need at her house that we don't already share.

"What are you gonna wear?" I turned towards her once I decided between boxers or my pink thong.

The boxers won.

For practicality reasons. Which one would be more comfortable to wear during practice?

She pointed to the bed, "Easy. It matches but not identical."

I studied the cheetah print skirt and tight fitting tank top she laid out for herself.

Sydney is hot. This outfit is hot. And it matches my own.

"Excellent." I put my clothes on quickly, throwing my dirty clothes in the laundry bin inside her closet. Then I sat in front of her at her vanity. She was just studying herself in the mirror. "Can you do two dutch braids?"

She groaned, "Can you do my hair too?"

"Yeah, duh."

________

Patty got me a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit and a medium strawberry smoothie. He got Sydney the burrito meal.

I love Patty.

"You guys are late." Yoda found us in the hallway on the way to lunch. Clearly, Syd and I aren't going to eat. But we have to let everyone know our fight is over. Even though it wasn't a fight. "Does this mean we can sit together again?"

Sydney wrapped her arm around my shoulder as we walked into the cafeteria, "Of course." She sighed, "That was our longest fight ever." She looked at me, "13 hours and 12 minutes."