Chapter 20: Giselle

Rafe hands me the blunt and I take it from him, putting it in my mouth.

"Don't inhale it all the way, keep it in your throat.'' He says. "Or it'll make you dizzy."

I do as he says when Rafe comes closer to me and take the blunt from my lips.

"Now exhale it.''

I breathe it out when some smoke get's stuck in my throat and I start coughing vigorously. I see humour in Rafe's eyes.

"You'll get better, but I have an idea.'' Before I can say anything, Rafe takes a puff of the blunt. His hand goes to the back of my neck as he softly presses his lips to mine and exhales the smoke into my mouth.

My stomach fills with warmth as he removes his lips but his hand is still on my neck, His honey eyes look into mine.

"How's that?'' He asks. It helped me from choking on the smoke as I exhale.

"Good.'' I reply.

"You took it so well.'' His voice has rasp in it that drives me crazy.

We continue smoking and looking over at the lake in front of us when Rafe speaks again.

"Why do you love skating so much?'' He asks.

"It's stupid.'' I laugh.

"Come on.'' Rafe raises an eyebrow.

"My mum, she loved the sport before she died.'' I explain. "But I also get a sense of relief when I step into the ice, it's like I step into my own world.''

"So you came all the way from London to skate.'' He lets out a puff of smoke.

"Had to make the family proud.'' I take a puff. "My younger brother looks up to me.''

"He's a sweet boy'' Rafe laughs. His deep laughs does something to me and I look down at the ground.

"Rafe,'' I say quietly. "Im sorry about what I said before, about you not knowing what hard work is.''

I cringe at my earlier words, I was pissed off and Rafe was drunk, clearly not a good mix.

"It's fine.'' He says.

"I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.'' I reply.

"I'm sorry that I ruined your sweatshirt.'' He chuckles. "If I knew you were going to be this nice, I would've gotten you into weed earlier.''

I nudge him playfully and take the blunt out of Rafe's hands.

"You should relax like this more often.'' He says, I turn to look at him amusement in my eyes. "You know, take off your bra and smoke a joint.''

I choke on the smoke and start coughing, my eyes widen at the comment he just made. There's no way Rafe is hitting on me with no ulterior motives.

There's also no way he realised that I wasn't wearing a bra.

"How did you get into ice hockey anyways?'' I change the subject.

"My dad is a famous player as you know.'' He says. "He loved that I took attention to the sport and pushed me to be the best of the best.''

"You're one of the top players in the world.'' I say. 'The youngest to win a Stanley Cup too.''

"Done your research." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"My family are super fans.' I say. "Otherwise I have no interest in you."

'Really?' Rafe raises his eyebrows. 'Why haven't you fallen for me?'

I scoff at his huge ego coming through again.

'I don't trust boys.' I snap. 'The last one messed me up.'

'What happened?' He asks and I see genuine concern in Rafe's eyes.

'He called me a bore multiple times and forced me to sleep with him otherwise he would leave me.' I say, my words coming out quieter than I intended.

'Asshole.' Rafe snarls. 'Women aren't toys for people to use.'

'Ever since him, I haven't been in a relationship, just hookups.' I fiddle with the hem of my shirt.

I look at Rafe and his eyes dart down to my lips, he touches a strand of my curls and tucks it behind my ear.

I don't know if it's the weed I've been smoking but this man is so attractive that it drives me insane. I've never been one for relationships but maybe one hookup will get him out of my mind.

"So what now?'' I ask as he sniffs out the blunt, burying it under some dirt and leaves.

'I want to kiss you.' He says.

'Excuse me?' I splutter.

'You heard me.' His voice is dangerously low and heat fills my stomach.

'Rafe you're high as hell, you're not in the right mind.' I say, picking and the hem of my shirt.

'Giselle I know exactly what I'm doing.' Rafe says. 'If you want it'll just be a hookup.'

I look at Rafe, lust in his eyes as they dart down to my lips then back to my eyes.

'Gigi,' he whispers.

He places his hand on my neck and pulls me closer, our lips inches apart, our breaths mingling. My nose brushes with his.

'Gigi you're driving me insane.' He whispers.

'Then kiss me.' I reply. Rafe's lips brush against mine.

'Giselle is that you!' A voice yells and we jump apart. I look up and see Tyler, a scowl on his face as he looks at the two of us.

'You've been denying my dates because you're hooking up with Rafe?' Tyler spits.

'You're dating Tyler?' Rafe asks.

'Woah,' I say getting up. 'Tyler I never once gave you the impression that I wanted to date you or have something serious.'

'So you've been stringing me along?' Tyler has, walking towards us.

'I haven't had time for myself, let alone time for you.' I say. 'Tyler I'm sorry.'

'What the fuck!' Tyler yells. 'What the fuck Giselle!' He yells and grabs my arm.

'Woah!' Rafe gets up. 'Step the fuck away from her.'

*AUTHOR'S NOTE*
Oooh tension is thickening between these three! I hope you're e enjoying the book!
Have a nice day'