Chapter 38: Can a Dog Be a Bat?

---

"I already have a comfy sweater and two best friends. I got everything I wished for. No magic required."-Perrito, (Puss in Boots: The Last Wish)

---

<(Bruce Wayne POV)>

"Goddamn, this is even more boring than the bus ride. How long before we reach the airport?" Vicki grunted from our monotonous journey as she kept her portable NerveGear to the side after completing the newest game Cortana had designed for her.

"We are still about an hour away from our destination. Oh and also, language young lady. Even your future boyfriend won't kiss your foul mouth in the future no matter how much makeup you use or how cute you... Wait, am I slowly becoming a full-fledged nanny? Holy shit, I knew that bastard of an English butler wasn't a good influence on me." Deathstroke mumbled to himself as he looked like he suddenly entered an existential crisis.

"I can't believe I sometimes seriously think that Bruce told the truth when he said that you are one of the best fighters in the world," Selina muttered as he shook her head in mock disappointment.

"Do you think he was born a lunatic or did he become like this after having some sort of accident?" Vicki asked Selina in a low voice.

"My money is on accident. There is no way someone can be born that annoying. Plus I heard from Alfred that he used to serve in the US military and I am sure that the government isn't retarded enough to hand over deadly weapons to just anyone right?" Selina answered with a snort.

"Then you clearly haven't heard of the US gun policy," I inserted myself into their conversation as I continued fiddling with a small box in my hands.

In truth, I was both disappointed with the laws that the country had on letting citizens own guns as well as excited about owning guns myself. The original Bruce would probably be completely against the current gun policy of the US due to the fact that both he (in this universe) and his parents were shot dead in an alley and I completely sympathized with him but as a transmigrated teen in the body of a young male billionaire, I couldn't get over my fascination with guns.

Even more so when I recently discovered the 'secret' stash of weapons Alfred keeps for emergencies and let's just say the man has taste. His armory can give some tough competition to even the most deadly and experienced mercenaries and assassins. In fact, when I saw him doing his monthly gun maintenance a couple of months ago, it reminded me of the Continental Hotel armory scene from John Wick 2... Wait, I should make my own hotel chain for heroes, villains, and everyone in between. Yes, why didn't I have that idea before? Imagine, a hotel with a no-kill policy and its own set of rules for supers. That would be epic. Yeah, that's definitely one of my to-do projects in the future.

Anyway as I was saying, I didn't hate the idea of letting normal people own guns if they qualified for it but I also didn't support the fact that almost anyone in the country even with criminal backgrounds could own a gun in some of the states. Hell, a person could even own a tank legally along with its ammunition if they have enough money to splurge. That is just badass and plain stupid at the same time, mostly stupid though and I intended to change it in the future not because I am some social worker but mostly because I really don't want to live in fear of a random depressed person opening fire in the streets in Gotham just because his girlfriend left him. By the way, something like that has actually happened before and yeah that's how dangerous Gotham was on certain days.

"Oh, so you were actually listening to us. I thought that you were busy showing off your smarts by solving that Rubik's cube of yours." Vicky pouted with childish annoyance visible on her face.