Chapter Ten

Caitlyn's POV:

I followed River in my car behind her and I remember where her place was from the time she joined Conor, Caleb and I for dinner that one night. We got to the gate and entered and I noticed now the homes here were quite big like around me, there was about ten homes but we drove to the end of the road where another gate was but before that River pulled into a driveway of a much smaller home than the others.

We parked up and got out, a small covered porch led to the front door with a small front courtyard with a table and a couple chairs was out front with a planter blocking the view. River gave me a smile as we entered her home and she gave me a quick tour so I knew where things were.

As you walk in the colours were very modern of blacks, grey and white, this was definitely her style. In the main room was a living area with couches and a tv with a few gaming consoles and that's where we saw Darcy and behind that was a dining area in the open space that led to the kitchen with a mini breakfast bar and that's where another woman was.

Walking along the small hallway on the left side wall was a laundry area built in the wall and an office space and small utility closet leading to a bedroom. In between the office area and closet though was a door that led out to the patio where there was a eating area with a grill and a decent sized pool with a jacuzzi. On the right side was a small bathroom and then a bedroom which she told me was Darcy's and then that led to her room was she has an ensuite with a small walk in closet.

As the tour came to a close River walked me back to the main room where Darcy turned her body to face us and seen surprised to see me again.

"So, this is the woman you've been banging then?" she said which made me blush and River gave her a stern look.

"Ok, I thought you could be an adult for a moment, but obviously not" River said and Darcy shook her head and got up to stand in front of us.

"I'm kidding, honestly though, kind of glad it's you, you've chosen a smart and beautiful woman River, don't fuck it up" Darcy said which I smiled at and River just shook her head and then introduced me to the stranger in the kitchen.

"This is Sasha, an old friend of mine and she's here to watch over Darcy for me" River told me and I shook Sasha's hand in greeting.

"Which again, I'm 24, I don't need a babysitter" Darcy argued but River didn't listen, but I know her age now so hopefully we get on.

We entered a conversation as Darcy and I were on the couch, watching tv and talking, River and Sasha busied themselves in the kitchen to cook dinner. It was nice talking to Darcy, she told me what happened to her a year ago with defensive comments from River to stop it but she wanted me to know and I couldn't imagine that happening. But apart from that, we had much in common so it was easy to get into any conversation.

"There is this concert happening soon, we should go together" she asked me and I agreed, I haven't been to one in ages so it'll be nice. As Darcy was changing the program, I turned my head to the kitchen and saw River look over and give me a smile and wink, making me smile back and turn my head away.

We all ate dinner together with Darcy and I talking the majority, I felt bad for River and Sasha but they were indulged in their own conversation.

Afterwards though I helped River clean the kitchen and dining area as Darcy said she would let us be alone and with Sasha following her. River loaded up the dishwasher as I wiped down the counter tops and table.

I felt her hands land on my waist from behind, making me lean my head back against her as she buried her head in my neck.

"Finally alone time, Darcy stole you from me" she mumbled but I heard her loud and clear but I thought it'd be fun to tease her. I turned around in her arms and wrapped mine around her neck.