Chapter Twelve

Caitlyn's POV:

I woke up to an empty bed but looked to the bathroom to see River looking at themself in the mirror. I called out her name but no answer so I got up and put on my robe as I walked to her, to see the bruise formed on her face and the ones on her body black and blue.

"Oh baby" I whispered and wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her back.

"This just sucks, hopefully the police caught them and did something else I'll have to take matters into my own hands" she spoke but I was not letting that happen.

"No no no, promise me you will not do anything that could get you killed or put away in jail for life" I begged her but she didn't respond immediately, "River?"

"I can't promise that" she answered and I walked out the bathroom as she followed me.

"You should go" I spoke out as I sat on the bed.

"Caitlyn?" she tried to fix what she said but it was done.

"Go River, please" I asked again and she knew she couldn't say anything so she got dressed and left.

I decided to stay in and kept to myself, River tried calling but I ignored her. We just got together and she is already on about letting herself get hurt and not caring where I come into this. Hopefully she would of calmed down by Monday.

Darcy's POV:

I was eating breakfast when the front door opened and closed quite loudly, I waited for the person to walk in and saw River and her face messed up.

"Damn what happened to you, you look like shit?" I asked but I could tell by her face she was not in the mood for jokes.

"Let's not tell Sasha about this" she said but I looked to the door as Sasha walked in hearing it.

"Not tell me what-" she stopped as she saw River, "What happened?" she asked this time but River was already walking away.

"Forget it, just leave me alone" she said and went to her room and shut the door, Sasha was going to follow but I grabbed her wrist and shook my head, "Knowing River, she needs to cool off" Sasha looked to where my hand was and I quickly let go.

"Fine, I'll give her space, anything you want to do today?" she asked me, this is how it's been, she asks what I want to do and that's it.

"I don't know, it's always me, what do you want to do?" I asked back and I saw her think and it looked sort of cute, I smiled a little but hid it.

"I have a few errands to run, I usually do them at night but-" before she could finish I got up and walked to the door to look back at her still standing there.

"These errands won't do themselves, come on" I said and walked out and heard her footsteps follow me.

We were out for hours, driving to different places, all of them I knew nothing about, we did get food at some point and I had to do a few laps walking around the car when she went somewhere since my butt went numb from sitting too long. I have no idea what her work is, just that it's important.

When we were done with her errands though, she took a drive off road to a lake area where a small log cabin was.

"Do you live here?" I asked her and she nodded, "Why do you live in the middle of nowhere?" I asked her as we got out the car.

"I'm not fond of people and it's quiet" she said as she walked inside and I took a moment outside and she was right, no noise, no people, it was peaceful. I followed her inside and it was rustic but still had the homey feel to it.