Chapter 83

Alessandro and I reached the kitchen. "Where is she?" Lorenzo asked and Sandro quickly looked in both directions searching for me.

"I'm behind him," I said making Alessandro turn around, he laughed as he lifted me up by my armpits.

"It's not my fault, you're short," he joked, which amused me as I glared down at him.

"Alessandro, put our sister down" Lorenzo commanded, and Alessandro chuckled before putting me back on my feet.

I walked around him a little bit, and in a playful gesture, I tripped him, making him fall onto the ground. I immediately rushed over to Lorenzo and hid myself against him which made Lorenzo laugh.

I peeked to see Alessandro standing up from the ground, laughing as well, but I was confused as to why he wasn't yelling at me.

"God damn, Sorella. Do you not like being picked up like that or something?" he asked, his question causing me to raise my eyebrows in surprise, although his question seemed asked in a playful manner.

I laughed along, enjoying the positive energy and humor shared between Alessandro and Lorenzo, and I didn't mind being picked up and held like that.

"No, I'm sorry," I offered in response to Alessandro's question, although I didn't have any regrets and wasn't truly sorry for my actions.

"I'm not upset with you, Dove." Alessandro said with a light tone and a small chuckle.

"It was pretty funny, and it was definitely something I was not expecting." He added with a warm smile making me smile back at him.

"Can I ask why you don't like being picked up like that?" Lorenzo asked, to which I shook my head in response.

"It's alright, Dove. We're not going to push you into telling us," Alessandro said, and I nodded my head.

He placed his hand on my back and guided me towards the island then lowered the chair, so I can sit down without straining my stomach.

Alessandro raised the chair, grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge, then walked back over to me. He opened the bottle and handed it to me, followed by a pill.

I took the pill and swallowed it with some water, handed the bottle back to Alessandro. He screwed the lid back onto the bottle and pushed it to the side, Lorenzo placed a plate of food in front of me.

"I got her, if you wanna go see if Padre needs help with anything." He said making Alessandro nod and kiss my head and then walk away to help Padre.

"I want you to try and eat what you can, and I'll be right here." Lorenzo said. I nodded my head, he sat down beside me then started working on files.

I ate until I felt full, and then I watched as Lorenzo grabbed my plate and placed it in the dishwasher.

He then came over and lowered the chair, and helped me stand up, the walked with me to my room.

Once I was inside, I saw Matteo sitting on my bed, doing paperwork, which made me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What's going on?" I asked.

Lorenzo and Matteo both sighed, and I wondered what they were thinking about the situation and why they seemed to be frustrated about it all.

"Alessandro doesn't want you being alone until you're somewhat healed, and we told him that wasn't necessary, but as you know he's hardheaded." Lorenzo said explaining the situation to me and making me nod.

"Wait, you're not mad?" Matteo asked, surprised by my reaction, and I shook my head to reassure him.

"I know why he's doing it and I don't blame him," I said, and they nodded their heads.