𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙

~☆~

~☆~

When we arrived at Michael's, I picked up chucky and opened the door. Before I even got out, he spoke.

"I didn't even have to tell you this time, good girl."

Shocked, I stared at him, and he chuckled. I flexed my jaw and shook my head before getting out.

"I can't fucking stand you. "

"Then have a seat doll because you're stuck with me for a while." He said smugly.

"Stop talking. We're almost inside. " I said before knocking on the door.

Immediately, the door opened, and I was greeted by Michael.

"Thought we lost ya there, glad to see you, Trick. " He said with a warm smile. I nodded and smiled back.

"Don't be so eager to greet me back, I might not survive Dusty and his long boring rant. " I said, stepping inside.

Michael laughed.

"Don't worry, I managed to get him to be a little more apprehensive, relax. " He said.

"Also, what's that? " he asked, I knew right away what he was talking about.

"This is my good friend, chucky, say hi," I said jokingly.

Michael poked at it.

"Hi, my name is Chucky, wanna play?" The doll said in its machined voice. I bit my cheek, trying not to laugh at the difference between his real voice and the toy itself.

"Oh, interesting... " Michael said, examining it closer. I smiled.

"Careful, don't get too close, he bites." I said, the last part in a whisper.

Michael smiled. When we entered the room, Dusty immediately stood up from his chair, walking over to me.

"My first thought was to let you go, but I realized you're much more valuable, I've gotten a tip on you. " He said, standing in front of me with his arms crossed.

I began to sweat. Remaining calm, I gestured for him to continue.

"Oh? Do tell. " I said, setting chucky down on the table.

"You work, or should I say, worked for several other groups who now... put a hit on you, mind telling me what that's about? " He asked.

I inhaled deeply before responding.

"Look, I started working for them when I was in desperate need of money, the same time you turned me away, remember that? Besides, its not like their work conflicts with yours, neutral ground, we'll call it." I said hands on my hips.

"That still doesn't explain why they did that. What did you do? " He said urgently. I glared at him.

"I did nothing, I did as I was told, they suddenly decided I wasn't good enough, I got replaced and to keep me quiet they sent their kids out to get me, almost did, by the way, if you can't already tell. " I said.