𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

~☆~

~☆~

"And where is that? Where could you possibly be going? " I asked, giving im a look.

"What the fuck I do outside of this house is none of your fucking business, so mind it why don't you? " He snapped.

I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Whatever, don't do some stupid shit, I dont need it coming back here. " I replied, getting up. Feeling his eyes burn into the jack of my head, I swung the door open.

Grabbing my jacket and keys, I headed to the garage door.

Turning up the music, I sped down the street to the closest mall.

~

Standing in one of the aisles, I hummed, looking at cans of soup. Shopping wasn't one of my favorite things to do, but it meant getting a moment of silence and getting out of the house. Grabbing several different kinds, I tossed them into the cart and moved on.

When I went down the next aisles, there was a mother with her child. Her kid looked to be about 6 or 7, sitting in the cart. Unable to get by, I spoke up.

"Sorry, can I get by? " I asked politely. She glanced over at me and smiled, but her face turned to concern and shock.

"Oh, uh yes, of course, sorry. " she muttered and moved her cart.

"What happened to your face? " the kid spoke as I walked by. Taken aback, I turned to him and smiled.

"I was in a car accident. It's important to look both ways. " I lied, remaining kindly. not wanting to further this conversation, I quickly turned back. As I walked, I heard the mother quietly chastise her son and him apologizing.

I gently touched my face, feeling the rough and uneven scars.

𝑰𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒅?...

Having my mood drop, I continued.

~

An hour and a half passed, and I finally had a full cart, taking my sweet time. It was a bit of a struggle getting everything to fit in the trunk, putting most of it in the back seat. Just as I sat down, I noticed a man a few parking spots ahead of me. He seemed familiar.

Shaven head, tattoos, and the most resentful face known to man. The realization hit, not wanting to be seen. I ducked down like I had dropped something. He was close enough to see me through the front window. A sudden spike in blood pressure, my head started to spin, and my heart was racing.

𝑯𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑻, 𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅... 𝑯𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒓𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌... 𝑰𝒇 𝒉𝒆 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅, 𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒏... 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒔𝒆𝒆 𝒎𝒆...