𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

~☆~

~☆~

The next morning, when I woke up, I felt an odd sense of peace, no dark thoughts, and no feelings of impulsivity. Lightweight and breezy. I looked down at my hands. Something felt different, flexing my hands open and closed, watching my muscles move under my skin.

Touching my face, running my fingers through my hair, everything felt different. It wasn't until then that I could smell food. Immediately getting up, I wandered downstairs, peaking into the kitchen, my heart dropped.

There was no way this was possible, filled with too many emotions at once, I stepped back, the floor creaking.

"Good morning! You slept a long time kiddo, come sit. Breakfast is almost ready." The man said, I shook my head, holding my hands up.

"This... why, you guys... " I said, trailing off, my mind running a million miles a minute.

"What's that look for? You alright? " the man said, approaching me. Panicked, i stepped back, entering the hall. He seemed tall, taller than I  remember.

"This can't be, it's happening again..." I said to myself, looking down the hall where there was a mirror. I was me, but younger, thinking to when I was back upstairs, I didn't see it until now.

"Dad, stop, stay there... " I said. Voice shaking.

"Kiddo, what's up with you this morning? " He continued, like it was any regular day.

The woman who resembled my mother joined beside him.

".... you look pale, are you sick? " she said, reaching for my forehead.

I flinched back as if dodging a punch, stepping back even further.

"I have to go, I have to! Not again! " I said as I started to run for the front door. Swinging it open, I was blinded by a bright light. When it faded, I was still standing in front of them, looking at me like they were waiting for a response.

"What the... " I ran back to the door, blinded, waiting. I grabbed my hair, breathing heavily.

"No, no, no!" 

Each time I ran through the door, the faces of my parents started to look disoriented. Skin looked like it was melting, and the house around me looked warped. Suddenly, I could hear every little thing, the stove, the TV, my heartbeat, the blood pumping through my veins.

They stepped closer, talking, their words turning into slurs, their bodies falling apart, skin and clothes turning into liquid. As the house started to collapse around me, all I could smell was something burning. Loud high-pitched sounds rattled my brain.

Getting louder by the second, making my eardrums pop, I covered my ears and closed my eyes, yelling.

"Make it stop! Stop it! " I screamed.