93

Grocery Store 19 is bustling with people, young customers searching for their wares in narrow aisles separated by shelves, others huddling noisily in front of the windowsill picking up food, and a dossier busy pouring mango jam on smoothies.

This familiar, vivid atmosphere of the city, together with the warm aroma of oden, gradually banished the chill that had penetrated into the bone marrow, and Susie asked for a Sprite smoothie, the familiar sweetness began to spread from the tip of her tongue, and she gradually collected her chaotic thoughts.

She sat for a while, letting the temperature of the room slowly warm her body, before she stood up, re-examined the itinerant vendors, and explained a few more words to the dossier clerk before returning to the Eternal Night Canyon through the back door.

The fog and darkness of the canyon were still in view, the silver light of the moon trees overhead, the lights of the streets stretched out to the outer city, and beyond, the windmill blades were slowly turning—not a particularly rosy sight in the strict term, but it calmed Susie's heartbeat, which had been beating wildly.

It's home.

Susie sat down on the steps, exhaled softly, and nonchalantly poked the smoothie in her hand with a spoon. Smoothies melt quickly, and after freezing and melting, the gas of carbonated drinks runs almost the same and tastes like lemon-flavored sugar water. Susie took a sip and lost interest and set the cup aside.

Elo, who came to be coquettish, put her head into the cup and sniffed, Dipping her face with a slimy drink, she meowed twice, rubbed her little head with her paws, and grabbed Susie's sleeve and whispered softly. Susie scooped up her kitten, wiped her skull with her sleeve, and touched her tailbone.

A prompt box unfolded silently before her eyes.

[This repair has been completed, and a total of points x139271 are consumed, and ■■■ x1 is consumed. 】

Susie:???

She subconsciously opened the system panel, and sure enough, she saw that her point balance had fallen silently, and she was stunned by the extravagant treatment costs, is this the whole person being broken and reorganized?

At this time, she heard familiar footsteps.

Raphael walked over, crouched down in front of her, and asked softly, "What's wrong?"

Susie raised her head at the sound and looked at her knight, the peacock blue pupils that were close at hand were full of worry. It's like there's a knife that suddenly pries her emotions open and splits them in two.

It's weird.

Susie herself thought it was strange.

On the one hand, she was actually very calm, just like she didn't shiver when she killed the Shadow Winged Serpent just now, and now she was still thinking about her next plan, and it was definitely not the best idea to run away from the wilderness, but it didn't seem good to rush to the "Oak Contract", and besides, the unusual cold in that shop was also very concerning.

But on the other hand, like being shaken through a soda can, when the tab is pulled open, more emotions rush out: surprise, fear, resentment — more of an indescribable grievance.

The churning and fine bubbles soon filled the top of the jar and flowed down the walls of the jar, and Susie blinked: "Ah, Raphael..."

She looked at her fingers, the previous hideous wound was gone, and the severe pain had long since disappeared, but Susie couldn't help but complain in a low voice: "But, it still hurts-"

Raphael touched the top of Susie's hair as usual, and then his hand rested on her shoulder, which was splashed with blood. With a little force, the Death Knight put his arm around Susie's back.

The light armor is cold and hard, and it doesn't feel too good to be held in your arms, but this hug, like something gently peeling off calm thinking, those grievances and panics are scrambling to be exposed, Susie can't help but lower her head and bury her face in an angle that the other party can't see.

"I'm not afraid," she said, "but what the hell is that?"

"I know." Raphael whispered, "It's okay if you want to cry, you're doing a great job."

Susie: "I didn't cry.

Raphael: "Yes, yes-"

"I just, just hurt," Susie whispered, then changed her words after a while, "it doesn't hurt much, it's just a little, a little."

Raphael: "I know.

Susie: "... I haven't done anything, and why.

Raphael: "It's not your fault, my lord.

The Death Knight's fingers ran over Susie's hair. Her long hair on the left side was cut off, and the ends fell unevenly to her shoulders. Raphael watched the black hair slip through his pale fingers and said slowly, "I'm sorry, but it's my dereliction of duty to put you through such danger."

He paused, as if smiling, his voice still soft and calm: "But it's okay, lord, let me kill him."

Susie looked up and saw her knight smiling, but the smile was cold, and the eyes were like a burning cold flame, with a murderous aura that could not be concealed.

"The six-winged serpent made of shadows," Raphael whispered, his cold fingers running over the corners of Susie's eyes, "Don't worry, I might be a little troublesome, but I'll kill him."

Susie: "That's... Are you angry, Raphael?

Raphael: "No, my lord.

Susie: "...", but you think your charge gauge is full.

——

The wee hours of the morning have always been the quietest time in the summer capital. Except for the taverns and inns that are open all day, the shops in the streets and alleys are closed, and the only occasional drunkard wanders around the empty streets.

The shadow of the streetlights is changing.

The slender shadow stretched along the sidewalk and gradually extended to the door of No. 19 Grocery Street, where the lights were dim, and the shadow was hidden in the darkness, climbing up the wall and slowly following the crack in the door into the store.

It slid quickly across the bottom of the shelves, along the corners, to the back door of the store, and into the cracks.

On the other side of the door, instead of the imaginary staircase leading to the second-floor attic or the owner's bedroom, it was a town. It wasn't bright, but the light from the canopy above exposed the dark shadow abruptly on the platform.

The dark and slender shadow seemed to freeze, and the next second, it quickly shrank back, but almost at the same time, a sharp sword fell, it was obviously an ordinary long sword, but it seemed to be able to cause damage to the shadow, the shadow struggled violently, but it was nailed in place by the sword, unable to escape.

The branch shook slightly, and a gray-white leopard jumped down with a light eye, clawed the fluttering shadow, flicked its tail, and howled twice at the staircase as if to invite merit.

The Death Knight stepped forward slowly, looking down at the thin shadow, a pleasant smile on his dignified face.

Rafael said: "You still have a little time to think about what to do next.

He reached out and grasped the hilt of his sword, and began to count lightly: "Three, two..."

"One."

The sword that pinned the shadow was drawn, and the shadow quickly retracted into the door - however, Raphael was quicker than it, and the Death Knight's hand reached directly into the shadows, pinning down the assassin hiding in the shadows, pulling him out and nailing the sword to the wall.

"Running away is a bad choice." He looked a little regretful, "I've already given you a chance to cut yourself." Followers of Gallendin, has your God not told you anything?

The author has something to say: Aldro: ... Ah, he's starting to count again, I'll go hide first.

[Inform book friends, the times are changing, free sites are difficult to survive for a long time,