| 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎 |

𝙰𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚂𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚝𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢

They were greeted by an ominous screech with a gust of wind pushing them back out of the room but Reigen stuck his feet on the ground and attempted to confront the infuriated spirit; his forearms were the only thing protecting his sight.

"Master!" Mob shouted as he was handling the strong winds, watching out for both his master and Y/n who was also being affected by the spirit's strong power. "Master Reigen! Come back!"

As his hand was about to reach the spirit, the spirit then bursted into flames which made Reigen put distance in between to not burn himself. The man put his discombobulated emotions into words, asking, "Why are you this angry?"

"Ah, Miss L/n! Don't go any closer!" Mob warned the woman, however, she could only hear the weeps of the spirit reflecting in her pitiful eyes. She now stood next to Reigen who was focused on the same figure as her. The young apprentice didn't have any choice but to be on guard since they were in close range with the harmful spirit.

"Are you here to protect your home? Is that why you are mad at us, the community, for entering?" Y/n questioned the spirit. Half a minute passed by and the power of the said spirit calmed down a bit.

Its raging fire soon turned to distinct cries for outside assistance. The spirit soon revealed its true form; The figure turned into a woman who couldn't stop weeping by herself. All three of them looked at each other before returning their stares at the helpless spirit.

She then began speaking while tears dropped down her cheeks, "This house...is my only core memory. I treasure it very much. My name is Antoanne Rhandear. Please, save my home from this corrupt world!"

"Can you tell us your story first? It's easier for us to help you that way. How come you're protecting this house by yourself?" Reigen asked in a polite manner as his fear had gone away already.

My name is Antoanne Rhandear, a widow with two kids. Oh, how I love my two children. Ahntony and Ahntonette were happy to be with me even with my husband already gone. They were happy with just the three of us.

While they were still young and maturing, I decided to leave the family mansion and live in a tiny house that is fitting for just me and my two kids. As loving as they are, my parents supported my decision.

Ahntony and Ahntonette loved the house so much. Of course, I can't ever imagine something unfortunate happening in our simple life. Until that very night where we would meet our end quicker than we all expected.

As I was about to lay my head on the pillow of my bed, I heard an unusual noise coming from my children's room. A loud thump made me wonder as I was sure that they were sleeping peacefully in their bunkbed.

My heart was beating fast each step I set foot on the floor as I headed towards their room. About to turn the door handle, Ahntonette's scream echoed in my ears.

I slammed the door open and it terrified me how on the floor lied my only children, Ahntony and Ahntonette, sleeping in their pool of blood. I was focused on them that I didn't notice the intruder rushing towards my direction.

"What have you done to my children?!" I shouted with pure horror in my voice, my hands trembling on its own. I knew I couldn't fight him with my bare hands, so I ran down the stairs and swiftly took a turn to the kitchen.

There, I held on tightly to a kitchen knife and pointed it at him. "Bring back my children! Take whatever you want. I don't care! I beg of you to bring my son and daughter back to life! Please..!"