Chapter 25

We had a few more days of practice until we left for vacation. They were all uneventful, consisting of the most gruesome tests known to man. We did a beep test, a cooper test, some more running tests, and a few strength tests. They were all separated on two different days, meaning we did not have to do four hours of just tests.

When our last test was over, we headed out for dinner together. Everyone celebrated being done with the season and having a vacation. We had a delicious dinner along with a lot of drinks. The night ended with me, Aitana, and Ottilia dancing on a table.

I sang along with the loud music at the restaurant someone had rented out. Ottilia and Aitana were next to me, singing just as loud. We jumped up and down, trying to get our drunk brains to remember dance moves. I felt myself stumbling down and now I had nothing under my feet except air. How could I no longer have ground under me? Had I become a fairy?

When I hit the floor, it was obvious that I had in fact not become a fairy. I had just fallen from the table. A second later I felt those familiar strong arms around mine. "You should ask before touching someone Ale" I told her loudly. "And you should be more mindful of how much you've had to drink when you decide to dance on a table" she answered. Her voice was dry, and it was almost like she was worried about me. "You are cute when you are worried Ale" I responded to her with a laugh. This time I didn't get an answer, instead she lifted me up from the floor. I felt the drinks hitting me and I could barely stand on my own.

She led me somewhere and before I knew it, we were outside. "Where are we going?" I asked her. I had no idea where she was taking me, and I wanted to know that. "I am taking you home Isa. You are way too drunk to be here" she said in her usual motherly tone. "Am not too drunk" I responded while slurring my words. Maybe I was in fact too drunk. "You are not even forming correct sentences and you can't walk on your own. I am going back home with you" she said, leaving no room for me to question what she has said.

Alexia helped me into the front seat of her car before going in herself. "Have you been drinking Ale?" I asked. I was worried that she had been drinking. Driving drunk was something I hated when people did, and I didn't want her to do that. "Only water, so I am sober" she answered while starting the car. "Why don't you drink Ale?" I asked her. Drunk me was obviously really interested in asking her questions. "I like being able to keep my focus during the season, but I will be drinking in Ibiza" she answered with a small smile. "So, I finally get to see drunk Ale" I said while bursting out laughing. I was a comedy genius. 

"You are not as funny as you think Isa, especially when you are drunk" she said. "Don't be bitter Ale" I answered her. My tone was annoyed and so was I. I spent the next few minutes in silence, removing myself and calming down from that sudden burst of annoyance. "What did you think about my outfit?" I asked her. "You look great. You always do Isa" Alexia answered. "It is hard to look good when you are there Ale. You outshine everyone in the room. I can't understand how you do it. How can you always be the best-looking person in the room?" I asked her, not believing the words that had just come out of my mouth. "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder" she answered calmly.

That was when she pulled into my driveway. "Can't you stay the night with me?" I asked her, pouting lips. I made it as hard as possible for her to say no, and she didn't. Five minutes later I was asleep in her arms. 

I woke up the next morning and felt how nauseous I was. This was not good I thought as I made my way to the toilet. A few seconds later Alexia was by my side, holding up my hair. "I'm sorry" I said as I sat down beside the toilet. "Don't apologize Isa" she answered and opened my bathroom cabinet. A second later she made her way out and returned with a glass of water. "Take this and drink the water. You will feel better afterwards" she said with a smile. I listened to her and did take the painkiller.