chapter 3

Saturday, 01 November

It has been quite a while since I got here and I  have truly started adapting to this new environment and I'm loving it over here! However, I will be on break soon and school will start again in September. Yeah, it's going to be a long few days with me having nothing to do around here. I am thinking of going back home though and returning when school starts again. 

07:00

I'm woken up by Nikki screaming. We slept in my bed last night because we were up chatting all night.

Me: what's wrong now?

I'm so used to this now, she's very dramatic.

Nikki: your brother texted me back!
Me: Nikki!
Nikki: what?!
Me: we spoke about this!
Nikki: yes and?
Me: he is off limits!
Nikki: come on! I'd let you go for my brother.
Me: yeah but only, your brother is a retard.
Nikki: what?! anyway, that's besides the point.
Me: it's not besides any point! also, what about Alfredo?

Alfredo is Nikki's crush from school, she has been going on and on about him while drooling over my brother. She better leave my brother alone.

Nikki: ugh.
Me: don't "ugh" me, that's your man.
Nikki: I wish he wasn't.
Me: and I wish you'd stop crushing on my brother but we don't always get what we want, do we?
Nikki: come on! how could I not crush on your brother, look at this magnificent work of art.

She says showing me a picture of my brother and I feel like poking my eyes out from the sight of her blushing.

Me: eeewww.
Nikki: darling...

I hold up my finger, indicating that I don't wanna hear it.

Me: hush. I am not interested.

I get up and head to the bathroom where I take a shower and brush my teeth. I then go back to my room and find her sleeping so I get dressed.

I'm wearing long black gym tights, long Adidas socks underneath the tights. I'm also wearing a black bodysuit and a black and white cropped sweater. I'm also wearing white NB trainers. I then put my afro up in a cute pony.

I grab a black crossbody bag and all the necessary stuff. I then write Nikki a note before heading out...

"I'm going sightseeing, don't call me!

I love you, bye."

I then grab my camera and off I go. I start at a nearby restaurant for breakfast because I am starving. And I'm a photographer. Of course, I'm taking photos of everything.

After breakfast, I start walking around and taking photos of all that sparks interest in me.

While taking photos of this really nice wall, I hear noises from the alley that is only a few feet away so I walk closer.

That is where I see two guys, wearing all black standing with this one guy that looks beaten up and in pain. The guy on the left throws another punch and I take a photo, this should be reported. While taking the photo, my camera clicks and the two guys look at me.

They look at each other and I run out of the alley and just keep running.

Guy: hey!

I run and they continue chasing after me. But I fail to escape as I run into another alley without realising that there is no exit.

Guy 1: you thought you could get away.

He giggles and grabs me by my arm before pulling me close.

Guy 1: you thought wrong.
Me: I'm not afraid of you.
Guy 1: oh you heard that? princess says she's not threatened at all.