chapter 8

Saturday, 09 November

I wake up, take a shower and wear some white dad pants, a white golf t-shirt and a black sweater. I am wearing layers underneath so I think that I'll be good. I put my hair up in an afro puff.

I have my breakfast before packing my back pack. I was honestly dreading going to work today but I can't punish Ivy for her father's deeds. I think I will just stay out of his way and I am hoping that he will have mercy on me and do the same thing.

I request a ride to work and on the way there, i get a call from my brother...

Tebe: hello, my mother's daughter.
Me: hey, my mother's first born.
Tebe: how are you doing?
Me: I am coping.
Tebe: it doesn't sound like it.
Me: I just miss you and mom. I want to come home for a while.
Tebe: what about school?
Me: I don't know.
Tebe: you can't come here yet but once you are completely on break, I will order you a plane ticket.
Me: thank you.
Tebe: no worries. now, don't be sad. I am genuinely starting to worry about you.
Me: don't be worried. I will call you back later on, I have something urgent to do.
Tebe: okay, I love you.
Me: I love you.
Tebe: bye.

He dismisses the call and I feel the tears well up in my eyes so I sink into my seat and start sobbing quietly.

I really miss my mom and my brother. I just want to go home, even if it's for a few days. The heavens know how much good that would do for me.

For the rest of the ride to Stefan's house, I just cry my eyes out and sob. My heart really hurts, I can literally feel a pain in my chest. That's how sore my heart is, I just want my mommy.

The driver stops outside of Stefan's house and he looks at me with great concern.

Me: I just need a few more minutes.
Driver: no problem.

I sit there for a little while longer and wrap it up. I then wipe my tears away and fix myself up before grabbing my bag.

As I exit the car, I see Stefan coming towards the car with guards following him. His blazer flying with the wind and his snow while hair looking ever so gorgeous but he does not look pleased.

He signs for the driver to stop and he does just that. He then exits the car yo hear what Stefan has to say. Stefan pulls out a gin once he is close to the driver.

Stefan: who sent you?
Me: Stefan!
Stefan: who sent you?
Driver: no one sent me, I just came to drop her off.
Stefan: why have you been out here for so long?
Me: Stefan! stop it!
Stefan: are you going to tell me who sent you or am I pulling the trigger?
Me: Stefan, he is a driver and he waited her with me because I wasn't okay!
Stefan: oh.

His face muscles relax as he changes his expression from overly upset to unbothered but he kind of looks sorry.

Me: ugh.

I walk away from them and Stefan follows me after apologising to the man and handing him a stack of money.

He runs towards me and pulls my arm.

Me: what?! what, Stefan?!

I say as tears drip from my eyes.

Stefan: I'm sorry.
Me: for what?! what did you do wrong, Stefan?
Stefan: are you crying?
Me: no, please just leave me alone.
Stefan: outside, you said that you were not okay. what is going on?
Me: nothing so please just stay out of my way.