Chapter no.1: I Choose You part 1

Author Note: Before we begin, I'd like to share some information with you, the readers:

         • This work is a continuation of another fanfiction that I grew to love by Spidey108, titled Pokemon: A Surprising Journey.

          • By "continuation," I mean that I want to take Spidey's work and put my own spin on it. Changes will occur right from the start—small at first but growing to catastrophic proportions.

            • For those who have read Spidey's fanfic, here are some key changes I've made:

       1. There is no Astral Ash to guide Austin.

       2. This world is a much darker version than Spidey's.

- Spidey wrote 117k words for this story; I have already written 300k words and will be uploading/publishing daily.

- I read a lot of popular fanfics and include tropes and story elements from those in my work. I ensure to get permission from the original authors before using these elements, so rest assured that everything included is authorized.

Support Links:

- If you appreciate my work and want to support me, you can do so here:

(https://www.p.atreon.com/Adamo_Amet).

- Join our community on Discord: [Join us](https://discord.gg/h3kDw7ma).

Why include support links?

Because I enjoy writing, and it seems that people on other platforms like Royal Road and Webnovel enjoy my "jumbled ramblings" enough to donate. It's surprising to me, but I don't judge what people enjoy. Note that under no circumstances will I hold fanwork hostage behind a paywall. I am grateful for anyone who wishes to support me, and I will never delay releases due to perceived insufficient payment. I've seen others succumb to "big-fish, small-pond" egomania, and it's not a path I want to follow.

If you have a dollar and want to support me, that's wonderful; if not, that's perfectly fine too.

Please join me on Discord; I'd love to chat with anyone interested.

__________________________________

"Oh come on, that's bull crap!" exclaimed Austin Kevin, a fifteen-year-old with tousled black hair and sharp brown eyes. He was dressed casually in a simple black shirt and blue jeans, his frustration palpable as he slouched on the sofa.

"How does Pikachu, the Pokémon who took down a Regice and held his own against a Latios, lose to a rookie Snivy?" Austin vented in disbelief

Sure, his electric attacks were disabled, but he could've used Iron Tail to send that snake flying!

It wasn't the first time Austin had found fault with the Pokémon Anime. He recalled with irritation how Ash had taken only Pikachu to Hoenn, neglecting to use any of his other Pokémon except for a brief appearance by Bulbasaur in one episode—then repeated the mistake in Sinnoh.