Chapter 21

" Bhabhi Ma...."

Dhriti could not stop herself from admiring the girl.

Life was never fair to her. She has  seen the worst of the worst in the short span of her life.

She still remembered their first meet. They had met when Nandhini came to  with Niranjan for their marriage alliance.

Initially, Dhriti was nervous in meeting with THE NIRANJAN SURYAVANSHI but Nandhini's chirpy talks and smiles had made Dhriti so  comfortable that she forgot all and everything in her presence.

They were talking like long lost sisters that her mother had to remind her of the others.

When they left, Nandhini all but took a piece of Dhriti 's heart.

So when she learned of the injustice, she had lashed out in fury at Niranjan.  It took her months to forgive him .....and herself.

Dhriti palmed Nandhini 's face as tears twinkled in her eyes.

" Oh ho Bhabhi Ma.... Ansh should call YOU cry baby...."

Though her lips curved into a smile , her eyes held understanding.

" Let bygones be bygones.....Nothing was in your hands, Bhabhi Ma. There are enough people already blaming themselves.  Don't add yourself to it"

Hearing the matured voice of reason, Dhriti's eyes,this time, gleamed with pride.

" I am proud of you, Nandhini. It is not easy to come out unscathed  after what you went through....but you not only survived....but proved yourself a winner"

Nandhini's smile sparkled brilliantly.

"Credit goes to your son, Bhabhi Ma " she replied.

Dhriti's heart skipped a beat on hearing the word son.

Though she considered Ansh and Prince as her son's, never did anyone openly vocalize it.

"Of course, after all he is MY son" Dhriti too replied while not trying to keep out the smugness out of her voice.

" Acha ji...." Nandhini teased

" Haan ji..." Dhriti retorted back.

These silly banter was so reminiscent of the past that along with laughter , it brought along a sweet pinch of disappointment too.

Seeing Dhriti slipping  into the past memories, Nandhini rushed to change the topic.

" By the way, Bhabhi Ma, you came at the right moment. At least now you can catch Ansh red handed"

" Red handed?" Dhrit asked bewildered

" Yes.....Your pyare Ansh is having his usual date with my sauten"

Seeing Dhriti's unbelievable look, Nandhini continued,

" You don't believe me.... Come ....I will show you"

Nandhini then dragged Dhriti  towards their bed where Ansh was busy in his laptop with a slight smile on his face

"See..."

Nandhini pointed out with raised eyebrows.

Dhriti was surprised to observe Ansh on laptop as he was the only one among the brothers not addicted to these gadgets and she couldn't help turn to Nandhini with questions.

"You know, Bhabhi  Ma, for the past 3 years, your loving Ansh has been chatting with her. Instead of sharing his distress with me, he does it with her. Don't know what she says but after that Ansh's all stress gets dissipated like this" Nandhini grumbled in fake anger while snapping her finger.