Chapter 27

SLAP

Omkar's eyes glistened with tears but he didn't give her the satisfaction by letting them fall.

" How dare you, Omkar?" Reva yelled

But before another slap could fall on Omkar's cheek, a hand held hers.

Reva furiously looked to see who had the audacity to hold her hand but instead was shocked to see an enraged Ansh.

"How dare YOU?"

He questioned her.

Reva shivered at the rage emanating from him.

Though his voice was not raised, it's cold and deadly tone was enough to instill fear but she was also not the one to back down frightened.

" You don't know what he did, Ansh" she tried explaining her action

"Did he kill anyone?"

The question left both Reva and Omkar dumbstruck.

" If not, then I don't think it gives you any right to abuse him" Ansh continued sternly.

" He is my SON" she bristled in anger

" Son....Oh....so you now remember I am your son" Omkar couldn't stop the retort

" OMKAR...Stay in your limits. Don't forget that I am your mother" she roared in fury .

But as if the presence of his Bhai has given him a boost of energy, Omkar let loose his tongue.

"Afsos to isee baat ka hai...."

" OMKAR..."

Omkar flinched at the sudden rebuke from his Bhai, disapproval clearly evident in his tone.

He hung his head low not able to see the dissappointment in his Bhai's eyes.

" Apologise right now, Omkar"

Omkar looked at Ansh startled. For a moment, it sounded just like their Bhaiya.

A voice that no one dared to defy.

" Sorry..." he said through the lump in his throat and without waiting for any reply, he ran away.

But he was not able to hide the tears that rushed to his eyes from Ansh.

*****

Omkar was dejected not because of his mother but because of his bhai.

Never ever have Ansh raised his voice on his Prince maybe that is why it hurt so badly.

With his mother he had come to expect this or in other words there is no expectation for him.

Omkar never was able understand his mother. They never had the usual mother son relationship.

Even though they only had each other for a very long time, he could still sense his mother's disinterest in him.

It has always been a constant pain to him when he sees other kids with their mother's and his younger self used to lament over why his mother could never love him.

But with time he had come to accept that he is not destined to a mother's love like all other kids.

He has even resigned himself to never feel the comfort of belonging until he stepped into Suryavanshi Palace.

When his mother remarried Alok Suryavanshi, the only thing playing playing in his mind was fear.

A fear of being lost for ever.....

But his Bhai changed everything for him.

Though his Bhaiya and Bhaiyu were both welcoming, it was his Bhai's smile that made him feel at peace.