The vigil in the front yard, sleeping in the corner, half dreaming and half awake, suddenly smelled something burnt. Before he could figure out what was going on, he was shaken by his companion, "Get up! The backyard is on fire!" "

The fire was fierce, and half of the sky was reflected in red light.

The young man scrambled to get up and looked at the burning yard at a loss. "Why is there such a big fire suddenly?"

Although the weather is indeed relatively dry these days, the hottest days have passed early. Shouldn't it cause fires?

The companion stuffed him the wooden barrel and slapped him on the back of the head, "Don't think about it! Go and put out the fire!"

If you don't hurry up to put out the fire, the whole house will be burnt down.

Mingzhu hid the packed baggage in the grass at the back door, while she wiped two handfuls of ashes on her face. The night was dim, and she couldn't see her face clearly if she didn't look carefully.

The people in the house were all awake from their sleep and fetching water to put out the fire.

The back door was originally guarded strictly, but there were not enough manpower to fight the fire, and the fire was still not small. Therefore, those who could not use it were called to put out the fire.

Mingzhu took advantage of this opportunity and quietly escaped from the back door.

She learned to be smart this time, and didn't go to an inn to stay, let alone find a carriage to rush out of the city overnight. She had to convince Zhao Shi that she was really dead.

Mingzhu took advantage of the chaos and ran to the abandoned Chenghuang Temple for the night. She was alone, but she was also agile. She firmly hugged her baggage tightly, and the banknotes were all hidden in her small clothes. Make yourself so ashamed, so that people don't notice her.

There are also poor people who live by begging in the Chenghuang Temple. There are men, women, and refugees who fled with their children. They each occupy a corner and rest on the bedding against the wall. No one cares about this tonight. There are more people in the broken house.

Mingzhu was sitting on the straw. She didn't dare to sleep. There was a mixture of fish and dragons. After all, it was not a safe place. If the burden is stolen, it will be fatal.

Next to her was a little girl in tattered clothes. The little girl was holding a dirty steamed bun in her hand and biting it bit by bit.

A hole was broken in the gate of the Chenghuang Temple, and the hula-la wind blew in at night, making people tremble with cold.

The unkempt girl hiccuped after eating the buns. Mingzhu saw that she was choking, so she kindly handed her a water bottle.

She took a sip from the kettle, "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

The little girl wiped her face and looked at the burning half of the sky in the distance, "Why is there a fire over there?"

Mingzhu lowered her face and pretended not to hear.

"It's a shame that the whole house will be burned out."

"Probably not." Mingzhu whispered.

The others seemed to be frightened by the fire over there, and started pointing, "This fire may burn a few people to death."

"Which family's residence is that? Don't burn all the property left by your ancestors."

"You idiot, the location should be from the Prince's Mansion."