Chapter 9--> The Truth Isn't Always The Best.

Paige's POV
Today went by slowly. Mainly because I had to face Dustin today and tell him the truth about my wolf. Nonetheless I will probably have to tell the pack since I am their Luna.

"Paige! Hey girl, what's up? We are having French toast for breakfast." Jenna said walking with me. Something was different about her though... Oh my god!

I looked down at her neck and saw two puncture wounds already scarred over. I gasped and smelled the air, finding her scent mixed with Leo's. She was fully marked!

"Jenna... Y-you're marked!" I screamed as she giggled.

"Ya, apparently Leo doesn't have any patience and we... Umm well... You know." She said as her cheeks became bright red. I chuckled at her embarrassment and shook my head. We might have only known each other for a month now, but it felt like we had a sister bond of eternity.

We both walked into the kitchen as Leo and Dustin were there. I got my plate and ate it as slowly as possible, trying to prolong my fears of telling him the truth. Finally I had to eat my last bite as Dustin looked at me curiously.

"Ummm... I'll do the dishes!" I said getting up and grabbing everyone plates and cups.

"I will help you and Leo and Jenna can go and do whatever they want." Dustin said walking over to me.

Leo took this opportunity to snatch up Jenna and throw her over his shoulder, running out of the kitchen then out the door as she playfully kicked and screamed. Dustin motioned for me to walk with him and I hung my head in defeat, following him to his office. I gulped as he set me down on a chair and then sat on the other side of his desk.

"Paige, you said you wanted to talk, now start talking." He said, leaning back in his chair. I finally found my voice and decided to tell him everything the Moon Goddess told me.

~~•~~

He sat there shocked as I looked at the ground. I told him that I was the last white wolf, my strengths and weaknesses, my mother... And everything else I could think of.

I kept my head low as he didn't speak a word. I felt like I was about to cry. He probably thinks I am a lunatic or a freak. He probably doesn't even love me either. I finally heard his chair scoot back and his light footsteps made there way to where I was sitting. I let a single tear fall as he lifted up my chin as our eyes met.

He slowly inched his face closer to mine as our lips touched. We moved out lips in sync as he lifted me up, sitting back down with me straddled across his lap. I opened my mouth when he asked for entrance as I let him dominate my tongue and explore every inch of my mouth.

We stayed like that for only a few minutes then parted slowly.

"I believe you." He said as both our foreheads touched together. I heaved the biggest sigh of relief and hugged him tight.

"But we have to tell the pack, for your own safety. If the rouges and hunters found out about this, which they might have already, you need all of the packs protection." He said sternly.

I knew he was right and I just lowered my head.

"Hey, it's alright. No matter what I will take care of you. I can schedule it tonight to tell them. I think the earlier the better." He concluded. I did a small nod and walked with him, back down to the living room.

~~•~~

Dustin scheduled a pack meeting, were every wolf has to attend. I was chilled to the bone thinking what might happen when.

1.) They find out I am their Luna.

And 2.) They find out I am the last white wolf.

Would they use it against me? Would they hand me over to the hunters to die? God I am breaking a sweat by worrying! We were outside on the back porch as everyone started to gather below on the grass, and I do me everyone. We had probably around 250 pack members, kids were even there as well as most of my former high school. I could point out Jessica in a split second and she glared at me standing on the porch with Dustin.

At least that made me smile.

Dustin then cleared his throat as the lady biting pack members walked out to the huge yard.

"As all of you may know, I sent out a search party for a missing pack member. Some of you may not know that the reason I did that, was because that pack member... Is my mate." He said as everyone gasped and small mumbles started going around. I shrunk back a little, but Dustin walked over and put his arm around my waist. Even more gasps sounded through the air.

"Paige Collins is my mate and your new Luna of the Nightshade pack." Dustin said cheerfully as the entire crowd clapped and screamed for us. Everyone was hollering happy things except Jessica... She looked as if she was gonna rip my throat out. I blew it off as Dustin continued.

"Settle down. I also need everyone to pay full attention at what I am about to say." He said looking at me to speak up. I gulped one last time and sighed.

"I that you are al happy to finally have a Luna, but I must confess something that I have been hiding from this pack my entire life. I... I am the last White Wolf." I said as everyone was shocked. No sound came from them as the all looked right at me.

"Prove it!" Ahead a said as the murmurs started I gulped and looked at Dustin. He glared daggers at Jessica, but nodded at me as I left his warm arm.

I stood right in the middle of the porch as I willed my wolf to come. Cracks and pops sounded thought the air as my clothes shredded and I stood tall in my wolf form. More gasps and awed faces flushed through the crowd. Even Jessica has her mouth to the floor.

"With my mate, and your Luna, being the last White Wolf, is why I called all of you here. I am calling upon all my guards and warriors to protect the borders more then ever, and more importantly, Paige. The rest of you, I need to have everyone stay vulgate the of any mysterious humans that come to the territory. For all of the pack's safety." Even before he finished, there were more cheers. I felt like I was going to cry in joy of how well my pack has accepted me.

Dustin dismisses everyone and brings me, still in wolf form, back up to his room to get me some clothes. I shifted back and put on the clothes in the bathroom, with the disapproval of course from Dustin, and got back out as he laid on the bed.

'That went well.' Des said as I went to lay down next to him.

'Ya, we were nervous for nothing.' I said back as she yawned saying goodnight. I said it back at her as Dustin grabbed my waist and pulled me to his chest. I was about to fall into a deep sleep when Dustin murmured something.

"I love you Paige." He muttered. It was like I was about to burst with joy as he said that. I held in my excitement as I turned my body, do I could look into his eyes.

"I love you to, Dustin." I said as his eyes widened. He gave me a small kiss and snuggled me into his chest.

That night, I fell into the happiest sleep I have ever had.

-Yes! She told him about her secrets and now her pack loves her, but... What about Jessica? Dun dun Dunn! Anyways, hope you all like this chapter. And don't worry, Jace fans, the story isn't over yet! Stay beautiful my lovely fans!-

-M.H.
✌🏻️💖