Chapter 28--> Fateful Decisions

Paige's POV
I quickly ran down to the kitchen as shouts filled the air behind me. I ran around the island table as Dustin came in seething in rage.

"Paige. You. Are. So. Dead!" He yelled as I screamed watching him glare at me.

Ok let me backtrack.

Since we fully mated about a week ago(A/N- did you guys start singing cause I did), the rouge sightings have literally fell off the face of the earth. No attacks what so ever and not to mention the fact that now our packs are completely combined. We all now share the special link of the white wolf.

Now back to the little situation we have here. I may or may not have poured ice cold water all over him. Don't ask me why. I just felt like being a prankster today.

"What's going on in here?" Tammy asked as she walked in. Oh ya, I forgot to tell you that once she woke up, she was more than willing to expose all the rouge camps, although they all were deserted when we found them. She even told us their plans of attack. Still though, she was just as surprised as the rest of us when the rouges and hunters stopped attacking.

"Help! He's gonna get me Tammy! Call the police! No the army! No! Call the SWAT team! Ahh!" I screamed as he jumped over the table and grabbed me and leaned down next to my ear.

"You are so getting punishment for that." He whispered. Then, shocking me completely, he just let me go and smirked at me, walking to the fridge. To say I was shocked was the least of my worries. I was utterly speechless.

"Ok then. I'm just gonna grab some food and leave. Momma has twins to feed." Jenna said as she grabbed and entire box of Fruit Loops and left. I looked back at Dustin as he munched happily on an apple watching Jenna leave as I did.

"How far along is she again? You told us she was pregnant about 3 months ago." He asked as I looked at him and smiled.

"About 4 months. Her twins are growing extremely well and are both healthy. I've been trying to get Jenna to think of some names, but she says that she wants to know their genders before she thinks to much about it." I explain to him as he tenure sly nods and goes back to his apple. I decide to grab one as well as we both sit in a comfortable silence until he speaks up again.

"Do you ever want them... Kids I mean?" He suddenly asks as I almost choke on my apple but luckily hide my surprise. Wow, never expected this question this soon. I reflect on y past experiences with children as I smile sadly and look at him.

"Of course I want kids one day... Hell, my dream is to start a perfect family with you Dustin, but right now, knowing that these people are willing to kill just to get their hands on me makes me despise bringing my own kids into the same fate. I want a world were they can be safe from this shot that was brought into me. So to answer your question fully, yes and no." I say back to him, turning away hoping he isn't disappointed with my answer. I really didn't want to share those thoughts with him just yet, but I know I could never lie about that subject. I suddenly and pulled into a tight hug as Dustin somehow got behind me when I was lost in my thoughts.

"I promise you Paige, I will make this world perfect for our children one day. I'm happy that you trust me were you can share these feelings with me honestly. I love you Paige." He said as my heart clenched with joy.

"I love you to." I say back and hug him tightly. How could I be the luckiest girl in the world to have a mate lie Dustin. Someone who cares so deeply for me, and accepts the good with the bad.

"Paige! I need your help!" Maya yells as she runs into the kitchen catching us off guard as we part quickly. I smile and lol down into Maya's adorable brown eyes. Definitely wants kids one day.

"What's is it sweetie?" I questioned and kneeled down so we were face to face.

"I can't find Mathew anywhere! We were playing hide and seek and I'm it." She whined as I chuckled and looked at Dustin. He just smiled and nodded leaving us probably to go and do alpha paperwork. Ya, little do many people know, but since we werewolves have so much money, it's like we always have work to do. Poor Dustin.

"Alright, let's go find him then." I say back at her as she squeals and leads me off to wherever they started their game.

We walked around for another 15 minutes until we finally found him sitting in a tree. Somehow Maya managed to drag along Jace and Tammy. By the way, they mated a few days ago and their relationship skyrocketed. You'd think if you saw them that they'd known each other forever.

"Mathew! I told you that you can't hide outside! You cheated!" Maya yelled up into the tree as I chuckled and saw his face pale. It seems he didn't like seeing Maya so mad at him... Hmm, interesting.

Mathew climbed down in mere seconds and started apologizing to Maya as she just shook her head at him till an evil, yes evil, grin spread across her lips.

"Fine. I will forgive you if you have a tea party and play dolls with me." She said as Mathew's face once again paled.

"What?! No way!" He said and crossed his arms across his chest defiantly. Maya quickly turned her expression to a sad and ready eyed one as she looked down and started walking away. If I didn't know her as well as I did, I would actually believe her act was real. The girl's got some skills. Mathew finally sighed in defeat and ran up to her.

"Fine I'll play with you... Only if you'll forgive me and stop being sad. He said as she smiled widely and tugged him off back to the house. I chuckled as did Tammy and Jace as Jace had his arm protectively around Tammy's waist. I smiled to myself at them as we parted ways.

Something felt off as I made my way back to the pack house as I felt another presence behind me. I quickly wiped around and saw a figure dash into the words as I single letter was placed on the ground. I eyed it carefully and walked over to it, carefully picking it up and unsealing it. A old looking paper was in there as it seemed to be a letter.

Dear White Wolf,

I am the leader of the hunters and rouges. This parchment is a declaration of war to your packs and warning to any other pack that dates stand in our way. We all know that your fur and children hold the key to the destruction of your kind, but... Are willing to barter a deal with you. Give yourself up willingly and save you packs life as well as many others and this war will be avoided. Also, we will wait til the end of your generation before unleashing you tick fur therefore you will not have to see these structuring your kind and live peaceful the rest of your life. We will even bargain with you own personal safety from death as well as your mate's life and your family. This is you final warning of a war that will decimate your pack unless you choose to bargain.

-Sincerely,
Kendrick Forwent

My breathing was deep and held anger as the I crushed the paper I my hand. My mind flooded through both options.

Save the lives of today and my own to not have to see the destruction, or let a war take the lives of many wolves as well as the chance to be captured anyways and have werewolf kind destroyed in front of your eyes.

What should I do?

-HO HO HO! Merry Christmas! Yes o made this chapter as a special present for you all. Do you guys like it? Ok so I estimated about 3 to 4 more chapters till the end! Agh! It's getting so close! Of course there will be an epilogue though and the sequel so don't fret to much. Btw what should Paige choose? Decide in comments!

Anyway, Merry Christmas once again and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!-

M.H.