Chapter 24--> The Little Dude

Paige's POV
I sat on the couch in the living room as Jace wouldn't stop hugging Maya for the past 2 hours! We ate dinner and everything and he never left her side. Now I think I know why she didn't tell us her name. She probably scented Jace here and didn't want to talk to us until she saw him, even though she hasn't seen him since she was 8.

"Can we watch the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie?" Maya asked nicely as I nodded and got up, putting in the DVD. Maya sat next to Jace as the movie started playing. Dustin had some alpha business that I really didn't care about and I was still tired from the fight. My wounds were healing slower than expected so I was kinda out of commission.

"No SpongeBob! Don't trust Plankton!" Maya yelled at the TV as both me and Jace chuckled. Maya always got so into movies that she didn't care that it wasn't even real, as if she was a character a well. I was surprised that she didn't like books. I heard the front door open as Thomas's voice filled the room.

"-and this is Alpha Dustin's pack house. I still have to clear it with Paige if you can stay her-... Oh hey Paige! Gotta sec?" Thomas asked as he walked in the room. What caught my eye though was a little boy around Maya's age that stood beside him.

"Ya sure." I said as I left the living room and into the kitchen. Both the guys followed as I sat down after grabbing some carrots and munched happily on them.

"Paige, this is Mathew. He's 13. Mathew, this is alpha Paige." Thomas said, introducing me to the little dude. I smiled and held out my hand until he tentatively took it.

"Nice to meet you Alpha Paige." He said shyly as I chuckled.

"Just call me Paige, little dude." I said happily as he grinned at me. I looked over his features quickly as I noticed his forest green eyes and beach blonde hair and he defiantly had a built figure for an 13 year old.

"Paige, Mathew here just lost his parents to some rouges the other day. I was wondering if he could stay here with you?" Thomas asked as I frowned. I didn't know that any of my pack members were killed...

"I wasn't notified of this. What were the parents names?" I questioned suspiciously. I looked down to the little boy and saw that he was about to cry. Thomas noticed it to as he smiled sadly at me.

I cut off the questioned and dismissed Thomas. He decided to go to the living room as I stayed there with Matthew.

"Matthew, you are welcome to stay here as long as you'd like. Let me show you your room." I said happily, trying to get his mind off of the parent subject.

"Ok." He said in a small voice yet strong voice. It only took a few minutes to get him situated in his room cause he really didn't have any clothes or possessions.

This kid's parents must've been broke or something. Poor guy.

I left him in there to get settled and walked back down to the living room. I heard Jace's and Maya's laughter as Thomas yelled.

"No way! I am a grown man and will not play dolls with you!" Thomas yelled as I entered the living room. I burst out laughing as I saw Maya on Thomas's shoulders and Jace on the floor laughing. Maya was beating down on Thomas's head as he tried grabbing her off, but failing miserable.

"Then you will deal with my wrath!" She yelled/laughed as Thomas sighed immensely.

"Fine... I play freaking dolls with you." He mumbled along with a few other curse words. I laughed as did Jace as Maya pulled Thomas to her room.

"How did she rope him into that one?" I laughed as Jace got off the floor, wiping away fake tears.

"She's a tough one and won't take no for an answer, what else would you expect?" He said, walking over to the movie shelf. I sat on the couch and watched Jace pick out some movie. I suddenly realized something.

"Did you find her?" I asked quietly, almost seeing his frown even though his back was turned to me.

"No... If I found her, then we would be married already." He sighed and turned to look at me. My heart broke at his sad smile as I wanted to change the subject.

"I wish it was you ya know." He suddenly blurts out as I stop dead cold. What did he just say?

"W-What?" I asked, stuttering a little over my words. He let out a small laugh and then a sigh as e state stormed away from me.

"When I went to your house that day, you know, the day I found out he rejected you, I wanted to kiss you and make you mine. I knew it was wrong of me to be happy when you were sad, so when you left, I stayed behind cause I knew Dustin would go after you. I just wish that it was me..." He stopped as I still sat in shock at his confessions. It was really uncomfortable as we sat in a silence the seemed like forever. Jace let out a laugh.

"Never mind that. You are happy, and that is good enough for me. Besides, one day I am gonna make a girl the happiest she'll be in her entire life!" He said positively as I laughed. Here was Jace, all sad and upset, and then he turns around and gives me that happiest smile I've seen on him. That's why I love him. In a brotherly way of course.

"And I can't wait for that day either, because that's when you'll be happy, then so will I." I responded as he walked over to the DVD player and smirked evilly. My eyes widened as I watched what he was putting.

No... Anything but that!

"Who wants to watch Chucky!" He said happily as I shook my head violently.

"No way hosay! I'm outa here!" I said quickly and tried to escape the living room. Suddenly my hand was grabbed as Jace easily picked me up and say me on the couch.

"Sit! Stay!" He commanded as I gave him a glare. I sighed as he blocked my ways of escape as sat a good length away. I frowned as the Erie music started and attempted to close my eyes, but my hands were torn away by Jace. I grumbled curse words and crossed my arms unhappily.

Let the nightmares begin!

-Yello my peeps! I really have nothing to say so I'm just gonna give y'all a PEACE OUT!

M.H.