Chapter 29--> Mates and a War

Paige's POV
I bet you all think, 'she so is gonna turn herself in to save her life as well as her mate's and family's', but sadly to your regrets, I am not that stupid.

Right after I got the letter, I shifted into  myself as Des was fuming in anger.

'They think we are that selfish?! To destroy our own kind just for the safety of our lives?! Those fucking idiots!' Des yelled angrily as I could feel her pushing us even faster.

'I agree! As if I would actually fall for that dumb excuse to save my own skin. I will never let those damn hunters and rouges lay a finger on my family, mate, or pack!' I agreed as she went silent when we got to the pack house. I saw Thomas outside talking to a girl. Being me and my curious self, I shifted, finding a clothing capsule and put on some basketball shorts and a t-shirt, eavesdropping on their conversation.

I could only make out a few chuckles and whispers as I glanced at the girl secretly. She was defiantly classified as the nerdy girl with her black nerd glasses and shy composure, but I quickly was taken aback by her features. She was really pretty... I mean model worthy pretty. Although her Raven black straight hair had went shoulder length and covered some of her face, her forest green eyes were amazement enough. I grew even more suspicious as I looked at Thomas.

He actually looked... Flustered.

I knew my suspicions were correct about the two as he laughed and scratched the back of his neck. The great Thomas had a mate... And I was gonna be the first to meet her.

I know you are all like, what the hell! You need to fix the rouge and hunter problem! But, you can blame my bad curiosity getting the best of me. I ran up to Thomas as he was a little surprised I was there as I smiled at the both of them.

"Hey Thomas! Who's your friend?" I questioned and gave him the, 'I know it all' smirk. He sighed as I could see the girl's shyness getting the best of her as she was like an at idols curling into a ball.

"This is Lilly... She's my... My... Mate." He finally said as I smiled and looked at Lilly, holding a hand out to her.

"Hi Lilly, I'm Paige. I'm so sorry that that dumbass over there had to be your mate. I hope you can keep up with his ego." I whisper playfully loud enough for Thomas to here as he gapes at me.

"Hey!" He exclaims as I hear a small chuckle come from Lilly. She comes out of her shell a little and shakes my hand.

"I'm Lillian Teal West. I just moved back to the pack with my parents after I finished college." She says in a small cute voice. Awe... Wait, did she just say college?

"College?" I voice my thoughts in disbelief as she nods shyly. I smirk at that. Yup, definition o perfect smart nerd girl for a badboy like Thomas. Sorry for stereotyping like this but it's like off a movie of romantic book or something. (A/N -chuckles at irony-)

I suddenly remember why I ran so fast to get here and quickly say goodbye to the two, winking at Thomas before running off to find Dustin. I see Troy in the living room as he munches on some popcorn. Taking a handful for myself with protest I run upstairs to Dustin's office, seeing him sitting in his desk and looking all sexy businessman like.

I lock the door behind me as he senses my presence.

"Paige. What's up? Why did you lock the door?" He asks as I go over to the windows and shut the blinds. I feel for the letter in my pocket as I find it and hold it out for him to see. He takes it from my hand as a large growl erupts from his chest before I start to speak.

"I think it's time to take action."

>~~•~~<

"Ok, now everyone knows the plan, correct?" I say to the group that me and Dustin accumulated into his office. It mainly consisted of my dad, Leo, Jenna, Thomas, Jace, Tammy, Ethan, Kate, Dustin and me.

"Team A will lead to the backside of the rouge camp, while Team B will flank each the east and west perimeters. Tammy and I will create a diversion as a fake capture as we enter the camp. Dustin and Team C will attack the front and occupy the hunters and rouges while Tammy and I find this so called 'leader' and capture him. The other groups will come in to stop any retreats and we'll learn the plans from the 'leader'. Any objections?" I say as no one speaks up, but instead nods and confirm their positions. I glanced at Dustin to see a cold expression on his face, but brushed it off as I dismissed everyone.

Only me and Dustin were left in the office as I let out a sigh turning to look at the maps Tammy had given us. I was suddenly hugged from behind as Dustin sniffed my scent from my neck, tightening his hold on me.

"I'm scared Paige... I don't want you to get hurt." He murmurs as I sigh again and turn around so we are facing each other. Our gazes connect as I smile at him.

"I'll be fine. The plan is fool proof. There's no way they could do anything to me with you close by. I promise, everything will be ok. Soon... We'll have that perfect world we want without the pursuit of these rouges and hunters." I reassure him as his eyes hold pain. He smashed his lips onto mine as our kiss grew heated and passionate. He grabbed my waist, lifting me so I would sit on his desk as I encircled my legs around his waist.

We had to breath sooner or later as we parted and leaned out foreheads together.

"I'll never let them touch you... I promise." He whispers as he places several kisses on my knock and mark. My mind still wouldn't leave the deadly fact that I am putting my life... My packs life... All werewolves lives on the line...

Tomorrow morning.

-Ok so I kinda lied. There is only one more chapter after this one. I know... I'm in tears just thinking about it but I'm also kinda happy cause this book will be finished. Everyone who has stuck with me till the end had made my heart sweet in joy. Oh! And how did y'all like Thomas's mate?

Also, another reminder, there will be an epilogue and the a leak peak into the new book hidden in it, so prepare yourselves.

P.S. This next chapter will be LONG cause there's a lot of fighting in it. Enjoy anyways!

M.H.