Blood and Tears

Her body burned, sizzling away her pain, her anguish....

Her eyes shed tears of blood that withheld all her bitterness, her unwillingness.

WHY? Why was fate so cruel to her? 

As Padmini's soul departed from her mortal frame, she found herself enveloped in a swirl of emotions, a tumultuous whirlwind of memories and regrets. With each passing moment, the weight of her suffering pressed upon her, the echoes of past wrongs reverberated through her consciousness.

"Why Lord? Why? All alone ..... just like before " she whispered, her voice a faint echo in the vast expanse of eternity. "But oh, the pain that has been my constant companion, the burdens I have borne in silence..."

Her thoughts drifted back to the moments of betrayal and deceit, the wounds inflicted upon her heart by those she once held dear. "Devendra, oh Devendra," she murmured, the name heavy on her lips like a bitter curse. "You, who promised love and loyalty, yet chose to cast me aside for the allure of another. You tore apart the fabric of our family, leaving nothing but the tattered remnants of what once was."

A wave of anguish washed over her, as she recalls the betrayal of Gul Bahaar! The rose who inflicted thorns in her life, that had caused her endless suffering. "Abeera !" she hissed, her voice tinged with venom. " Why did you break me? Did it feel good to inflict my life with thorns, why would you being a woman.... not understand the pain of a woman? Ha! maybe it was me.... the incapable Padmini, covered in mud.... i had to bow down to your grace one day.... " blood flowed down her eyes.

" Lord! if you ever existed! Let me never be born again! Never Again! AHHHHH!" she screamed out all her might and finally collapsed to the ground, now one with Mother Earth.

"Padmini!" A man's voice resonated through the palace.

Devendra ran at the scene, his heart heavy with dread and sorrow, just to meet with a sight that shattered him to the core. Before him, lied the funeral pyre, now extinguished, of his wife, Padmini, and their son, Aarav, gone from this world. 

His knees buckle beneath him, and he collapsed to the ground, overcome by grief and disbelief.

"Why, Padmini? Why did you choose such an ending?" he cried out, his voice choked with anguish. 

As he gazed upon the empty space where Padmini once stood, Devendra's mind raced with questions, his thoughts swirling in a maelstrom of confusion and regret. "What drove you to such lengths? What torment did you suffer that led you to take your own life ? "

Tears streamed down his face, as he grappled with the enormity of the loss, the weight of his own failures pressing upon him like a suffocating cloak. "I failed you, Padmini," he whispers.

Just then he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"  Abeera, I... I don't understand. Where did I go wrong? Why did Padmini choose such an end?"

A woman cloaked in white mourning clothes, sat down to cup his face. She said with tears in her eyes " My dear Devendra, sometimes, even the purest of hearts can be consumed by darkness they cannot bear. Padmini was weak, unable to withstand the trials that life threw at her."

"But I loved her, Abeera! I truly did....... I may have shared my love with you, but.... but my feelings for her never faded." Devendra screamed in anguish.

Something flickered in Abeera's eyes, when she continued to say, " Of course, my dear..... But love alone cannot sustain a marriage. Padmini lacked the strength to keep you by her side, to hold onto your love......." she said sniffling.

" But.... But Abeera, I can't help but feel responsible for what happened. Maybe.... if I had been there for Padmini more, things wouldn't have turned out this way....." 

When Devendra said that, Abeera almost lost her cool. Quickly, putting on her mask, she said, " Oh, my dear Devendra! don't blame yourself. You did everything you could...... It was Padmini's own insecurities and pride that drove her to such extremes....."

" But I loved her, Abeera...... I still do. How could she deny me the chance to see my own son one last time? How?" Devendra said weeping.

Abeera saw her chance to strike and stike she did, " It's heartbreaking, I know...... But Padmini was consumed by jealousy and bitterness. .....She couldn't bear to see you happy, to see you with me....."

" I never wanted things to be this way. I never wanted to hurt her." Devendra murmured.

" I understand, my love. But sometimes, we have to make difficult choices for our own happiness. Padmini chose to push you away, to deny you the love and affection you deserved..... " Abeera said putting oil in fire.

 " But there's you too , Abeera! Despite everything, you've always been there for me. Why did Padmini refuse to accept you? I never treated her wrong, then Why?" baffled he said.

With tears in her intoxicating eyes, her words spilled out like a spell " Padmini couldn't handle the truth, Devendra. She couldn't bear to see you find solace in someone else's arms. Though I... I was willing to be subservient, to play my part in the shadows if it meant keeping you by my side. She could not get rid of her inferiority, just like she could not understand my love for you...."

" I never wanted you to feel like you had to hide, Abeera...... You deserve to be treated with love and respect, just as much as anyone else.... Like Padmini..." Devendra said completely muddled by her charm.

Abeera forced a smile, and said "Thank you, Devendra...... Your kindness means more to me than you'll ever know. And I promise, I'll always stand by your side, no matter what....."

Just as the two of them pulled an act of selfless love and ultimate devotion, the voice of a woman, commanded them to pull apart. Surasa Devi, stormed towards them and pulled apart her son from that woman, with a jolt, "Devendra!"

Devendra shaken from this jolt, turned to that woman when his eyes went large, "Mother?  what are you doing ? My son.... my wi...." 

Before he could finish his sentance, Surasa Devi held up her hand to stop him.

With a gaze that pierced through his facade, She asked in a cold tone, "How dare you, Devendra? How dare you come here? Did you come here to make a mockery out of this funeral? To see how you killed two innocent souls with you bare hands? WHY!"  Surasa Devi screamed her hurt out.

Devendra was taken aback by his mother's anger. Her words had laid open bare the wounds he thought were imaginary. He fumbled as he said, " Mother, please, let me explain..... At least once...."

How was the chapter? Are you angry yet? Lets start a contest and see who is more shameless. Devendra or Abeera. 

Please vote, and share your views. Lots of Love and Tears ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️