Rangotsav Invite

The Mandapam was filled with chatter and laughter. An atmosphere of happiness permeating the surroundings.

After about half an hour of chatting, When Third Prince  Raghavendra saw his wife's fatigue, he subtly gave hints to Vikram about his leaving.

Vikram, the ever-intelligent commander, quickly held on to the signal, as he got up from his seat and joined his hands in namaskar. 

" Your highness Rani Pratyusha, it would be wrong for us to stay here any longer, and prevent you from resting. Please allow us to return."

Meera smiled and shook her head.

She then moved towards Kumud and Ketki and held their hands.

Kumud and Ketki too had bowed down along with their brother, and Rani Meera coming to help them was a privilege and a mark of extreme prestige that she had shown towards them.

" Thank you so much your highness." Kumud and Ketki said in unison.

With a warm smile, Meera extended the invitation to Kumud, urging her to join them at her grand palace known as " Maanikya Puri " for the upcoming Rangotsav festival.

" During the previous few celebrations, Ketki had always mentioned you to us. I would be really happy if you join this time." Rani Meera said while smiling at Kumud.

" Rangotsav!" Kumud's eye widended at the mention of this festival.

Meera smiled, as she explained that the festival, celebrated with much fanfare and merriment, was a beloved tradition in the kingdom, marking the arrival of spring and the victory of good over evil.

As Meera spoke, her eyes sparkled with excitement, her enthusiasm infectious as she described the vibrant colors, lively music, and exuberant dances that would fill the air during the festival. She assured Kumud that it would be a spectacle unlike any other, a celebration that she simply couldn't afford to miss.

Kumud was silent all along, which led to Meera thinking that Kumud didn't believe her.

Thus, Meera went on to mention again on how Ketki had always spoken highly of Kumud in the company of other noble ladies, praising her intelligence, grace, and unwavering courage.

 She mentioned about how they were all eager to finally meet Kumud in person, to see the woman who had captured Ketki's admiration and respect.

" Miss Kumud? You will come right?" Meera asked looking at her with anticipation.

Kumud seemed to wake up from her revere at Meera's words. She lowered her eyes to hide the glint of ecstasy that flashed through them.

She could not believe that her turn to enter play had come, that to so soon! 

And She? She was ready! Ready to set in motion her own game of vengence!

With a gracious nod, Kumud accepted Meera's invitation, her heart swelling with gratitude for the warm welcome she had received from the royal family. 

" Thank you Rani Pratyusha! It will an absolute privilege for me to be able to attend the Rangotsav at Maanikya Puri. I, for sure shall come. "  She thanked Meera for her kind words and expressed her eagerness to experience the festivities at  her palace firsthand, knowing that it would be an opportunity to forge new bonds and create lasting impact on some people.

Meera smiled and moved towards her husband to take little Aarav from his arms, and held him in hers.

They moved towards the Mandapam door, their retinue of maids and soldiers following them.

As the royal couple, along with their child and retinue, departed from the mandapam, a buzz of excitement lingered in the air.