Returning Home

As the carriage rattled along the dusty road, Kumud sat beside her loyal maid Renuka, her heart heavy with uncertainty about the future that awaited her. Yet despite her apprehension, there was a flicker of excitement in her chest—a glimmer of hope that perhaps this new chapter in her life would bring the happiness and fulfillment she so desperately craved.

Renuka watched her mistress with smiles in her eyes, her excited eyes filled with longing,  as she reached out to offer Kumud a carefree smile. "Do not worry, my lady," she said thrilled, her voice warm and soothing. " Ah! finally, you will go back to the capital! Now my miss will be able to enjoy herself fully!"

Kumud nodded, her gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the carriage window. "I hope you are right, Renuka," she murmured, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "This is all so new to me—I don't know if I will ever feel at home.... that never belonged to me"

Renuka couldn't hear Kumud's words due to the rumbling wheels, but assumed that her miss was  desperate to go back to her home!

As they continued their journey, Renuka regaled Kumud with stories of the adventures they had together—their childhood escapades in the Aashram , their shared Happiness and losses , and the unbreakable bond that had formed between them over the years.  She rambled on about how she wished to go back to the capital, how she would like to dress up her miss in beautiful clothes and jewelleries and most importantly listen to all the gossips that permeated the capital air!

With each tale, Kumud felt a sense of warmth and familiarity wash over her, easing the knots of tension that had taken root in her heart.

" Calm down Renuka! We'll be there soon! " Kumud said softly, her voice tinged with laughter . "I don't know if this carriage can handle your excitement anymore."

Renuka smiled, her eyes shining with false anger . " Oh! but you do need someone chirpy by your side, my lady! lest, you get bored from the silence! " she said, her words filled with jest.

Kumud laughed at Renuka's words, as the atmosphere filled with lighthearted banter.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden glow over the landscape, Kumud felt a sense of peace settle over her—a quiet reassurance that no matter what trials awaited her, she would face it , her past trauma would be her strength and her future, her sword!

This was her  turn to make a move. She hoped that those in the capital were ready to face the consequences!

With that thought in her heart, she closed her eyes and let the rhythmic motion of the carriage lull her into a peaceful slumber.......

Manyakhet, The Capital City!

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden hue over the bustling streets of the capital, anticipation hummed in the air. In the heart of the city stood the grand estate of the Gupta family, known as Vajrakot Manor—a testament to their wealth, power, and status within the Raashtrakuta empire.

Vajrakot Manor was a sprawling complex of interconnected buildings, arranged in accordance with the ancient principles of Vaastu Shastra. 

The main structure, adorned with intricately carved pillars and ornate arches, served as the focal point of the estate. Its imposing façade was flanked by lush gardens and manicured lawns, dotted with fragrant flowers and bubbling fountains—a tranquil oasis amidst the chaos of urban life.

The layout of Vajrakot Manor reflected the Gupta family's reverence for tradition and hierarchy. 

The main hall, or Sabha Griha, served as the central gathering space, where important meetings and ceremonies were conducted. Adjoining the main hall were smaller chambers designated for various purposes—a library for scholarly pursuits, a meditation room for spiritual contemplation, and private chambers for the family members.