Chapter 18 - Bitter-Sweet Honeymoon

The loud whirring of the turbine and the gentle shaking and rocking of the airplane can be heard as you move towards the sky. Next to you? Andy, which has fallen asleep. She falls asleep too quickly when she's flying and looks really cute doing it. You are on your way to Germany. It takes a full 19 hours over the Pacific before you finally arrive. You fly over Portugal, Spain, France and finally Germany. You land in the capital, Berlin. From there you head north to the Baltic Sea. When you arrive, the first thing that blows around your ears is the wind and cold air. "wow... it's colder than I thought, and that's in June" Andy shivers, and yet the view of the vast sea is enchanting. "We are in Germany after all. It's not as warm as many places in America." You smile and grab your suitcases. Suddenly you hear a loud noise in the background as a huge passenger ship sets the mood in the distance.

You make your way to the hotel. Once there, you get the keys to your room and stow your luggage in the cupboard. "Are you tired? It's late afternoon. We can take it easy, have some food delivered and go to the whirlpool." Andy likes the look on your face.

Shortly afterwards, the room service rings with various dishes. You grab the grapes, take them to Andy and pick one up. She doesn't take her eyes off you for a second as you walk over to her with the grape in your hand and gently brush it over her body. Starting at her shoulders, you slowly push the straps of her dress down, letting the grape travel further over her neck and very slowly down just to stop before her chest. Andy enjoys your care and closes her eyes with pleasure.

"Did I tell you to stop?" Andy gives you her most seductive smile. God how you love that look on her. Once her Latina flame flares up, it is like a narcotic for both your souls. A fire that you are reluctant to extinguish. She grabs your arm and brings the grape in your hand to her mouth, nibbles on it provocatively and kisses you with the other half, forcing you to take half of it away from her and swallow it. You allow yourself to make love to her, kiss her more eagerly and are reluctant to give in. Andy provokes again and again and struggles for dominance, you grab her hair and push her against the wall. Shortly released from the kiss, Andy looks at you lustfully, her eyes begging for more.

You pause for a moment, staring at her longingly to test her patience, but Andy fails miserably when she starts kissing you again. You surrender to her and let her lead. She frees herself from her dress, is completely naked and starts to undress you too. When you are also completely naked, she gives you a cheeky look. She grabs your hand and leads you into the bathroom, where the whirlpool is, while you ignore all your clothes on the floor.

You both go in. Andy sits on your lap and kisses you with passion. You both enjoy your togetherness all night without Fortuna. Every single second is burned in, now as a married couple everything feels more intense, more real and honest, without any doubts about rushing things.

The next morning, you receive an unusual message at breakfast. Andy is looking at her cell phone, lost in thought, when you come to her. "What is it? Is the room service late?" you joke and give her a loving hug. "Level 5 alert throughout Seattle. Every station is on alert." You smile and try to distract her. "Andy, they'll be fine without us, don't worry!" But Andy starts pacing back and forth nervously. "There's a reason why every single station is alerted, we only had that with the tornado!" Andy waits for more information from her team. "oh come on Andy...it's our honeymoon..." you sit down on the couch, annoyed.

"oh god...Y/N...there was a level 8 earthquake...widespread damage throughout Seattle...Y/N we have to get back and help! Our people need us! We don't know if there are casualties or even....-" She stops and can't say it. "ok ok, take it easy honey, we'll fly back, I promise!" You immediately start packing and can feel how tense Herrera is the whole time. All packed, you immediately check out and head to the airport. However, getting a flight to Seattle is more difficult than you thought, as all flights have been canceled due to the earthquake. "ok lady I'm not here to joke, we're firefighters and we have to get back! Give us a private plane!" you look worriedly at Andy. "Are you sure? Isn't that far too expensive?" you ask.

"the PD will cover the costs, we have to go back!" she says seriously and bangs on the counter of the airport service staff. "so, now what!" Andy looks visibly stressed and her temperament serves her well, as the employee talks on the phone like a world champion. "so, here you go. Exit C door B, follow the corridor there and you'll come to a private plane that flies to Seattle in 20 minutes." Without further ado, you run off, get to the plane and board. "Andy.... everything will be ok...our people will do everything" you take her hand in yours and Andy looks at you with concern. "thanks..." The flight feels like half an eternity. When you finally arrive, the plane struggles to land, but manages to arrive clean and in one piece. You look around and you can already feel the commotion just at the airport. People are running around, scared, wanting to escape. You fight your way through and Andy keeps trying to reach people from her team, but to no avail. The fear is written all over her face. It's her family, her everything together with you. Every single loss would be a tragedy. You leave the airport and can already see the scale of what is unfolding before you.

Houses partially collapsed, streets torn up, fires in many places and flooded streets. A scenario straight out of a horror movie. "oh god...." a fire engine from 66 drives past them both and stops. "hey! Captain Redfield!"

"oh Captain Herrera, I guess the 19 is without you?" He jokes and grabs what's in the way. "We have to get to my station! Can you give us a ride?" she asks tensely.

"We're on our way anyway, but then now!" You don't hesitate for long and get in. "What brings you here to the airport? And especially you with a recruit?" You look to Andy for help. "We were on the road outside..." Andy tries to mediate. "So there's already special training for recruits? Don't tell me you're too bad for the 19 and need mothering from the captain!" he laughs and looks at you. "This recruit is my wife and she has the potential to become a lieutenant." Her look speaks volumes and Redfield looks out of the window. You look at Andy in surprise.

Almost there, Herrera sees Travis and Warren on the side of a broken road. "Stop, let us out here!" The 66 stops and you both hop out. "Montgomery, Warren!" Andy runs to him, who is trying to revive a woman. "Severe head trauma, crushed legs and right arm!" Warren said. Immediately switching to rescue mode, you both help Travis. "Syringe EPI" says Andy, holding a syringe in her hand, while Travis continues to resuscitate and you ventilate. "Stop!" Andy shouts, feeling her neck. "Pulse!" you prepare the person for transport and Andy grabs the walkie talkie from Travis. " 19! This is Captain Herrera, I need locations, status report and to know where equipment is needed!" you watch her and smile. Fully in captain mode, Andy is thriving.

Everyone indicates their location, situation report and the local condition of materials. Andy breathes a sigh of relief. "Thank God... no one injured and everyone in service. We should get back to the station, thank God it's undamaged. We'll get some more material and go to the people!" Said and done, you set off for the station. In full gear, protective clothing and equipment, you set off. First of all, Bishop and all the people of the 88th Sullivan, also on site, managed the place of destruction together with Bishop. A shopping mall that has collapsed, with all the victims in it.

"Bishop, thank you! From now on, I'll take over!" she says, greeting her as well as Sullivan. "You came back especially for that? wow Herrera, a true captain!" The two exchange familiar friendly glances and Andy looks around. On one side are covered victims who didn't make it. "Unfortunately, that's a lot..." She's getting closer. "ehm Andy can you help me? Here-" Maya immediately impatiently and strangely tries to distract Andy from the dead bodys.

"What..." Herrera looks confused and slowly walks towards one of the covered dead bodies. "Andy.. wait!" Maya tries to stop her, but Andy lifts the tarp and there is shock on her face.

"No...." Her voice trembles in sadness.

AN: Who is dead?...prepare your tissues