Part 7: confidante

Therefore, on every morrow, are we wreathing

A flowery band to bind us to the earth,

Spite of despondence, of the inhuman dearth

Of noble natures, of the gloomy days,

Of all the unhealthy and o'er-darkened ways

(Endymion)

-John Keats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taehyung....hyung?"

Tae looked around, contemplating who just, in this whole wide world, called him hyung. And to his disbelief, it's the very maknae of the group. Strange.

"Omo Jungkook-ah! Do you have cancer?!", He said as he examined the boy, up and down, thoroughly, with wide and fake concerned voice.

"What? No! Why in the world-"

"Is it... AIDS PERHAPS?!", He shouted, making Jungkook cover his sensitive ears in irritation.

"What's wrong with you, Tae? And why the fuck would I have AIDS?!", Jungkook shouted back, unwittingly alerting the oldest of the household.

"No cursing in this place, mister, or I'm gonna whoop your ass to Mars!", They both heard Jin shout, making both the boys gain their composure and Jungkook screamed back, "Sorry, hyung!"

"Ok then, really, what do you want?", Tae asked, pretending to be a diva, checking his nails out, finding himself superior, as the maknae wants something, say maybe a help, from him.

"Why did you, literally, assume that I'm dying, anyway?", The younger of the two questioned, making the older reply, "well, you just called me hyung. It means either you're dying, or in a fucked up situation or want my help. I'm just gonna assume it's the third option, for the sake of your own sanity."

"Yup, very funny.", Said Jungkook, as he rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Are you like, taking lessons from Jiminie on how to roll your eyes if you don't have a proper aurguement while he explains you, the concept of true love?", Tae sassed, and immediately regretted that he let Jungkook know that he knows the whole thing that's going on.

To say that Jungkook was baffled, would be an understatement. He was vexed, almost, to know that Tae knows about all the things that's going on between them. Given that he made sure that he's not comfortable with anyone but Jimin himself, he felt as if he was betrayed, letting Tae know about those... Lessons. He believed Jimin to be trustable but he felt maybe that might not be the case.

"Look, Jungkook. It isn't like I'm going to judge you or anything, okay. Don't... Get mad...", Tae said, suddenly leading the conversation into a serious one. "It was supposed to be a secret. I trusted him.", Jungkook said, his eyes darkening with anger.

"Now, don't you dare get angry at him, Jungkook. He just talks everything out to me... Like you wanted to, with him... Nothing more or less.", Tae said, trying to caress the younger's nape, something he's noticed that Jimin did to calm down the younger. But, unfortunate for Tae, it didn't work out at all, for Jungkook just pushed Tae's hands away and glared him.

"Whys that he needs to say that to you. It's not like it's related to him, anyway!", Jungkook whisper shouted, clearly upset with the older.

"Please, Jungkook. The last thing he wants is you being angry at him.", Tae pleaded, for the sake of his soulmate, his stomach doing an ugly twist at the thought of his Jimin going through the aftermath.

"Then why did he tell YOU something I trusted HIM with?! How's MY love life related to the fucked up life he leads!?", Jungkook raised his voice, those painful words being enough to trigger Tae's protective side.