Chapter 17

I hear Darian get up, he walks behind me and opens the door. Luna puts all the supplies on the table, she then looks up and smiles.

"Hello."

"Good noon madams," a familiar voice says.

Familiar footsteps walk closer, stopping behind me, legs against my back. I can feel straps. Do they hold weapons? Oh my, he might have broken legs that are strapped together.

What? No, that makes no sense.

"Where have you been? I've looked everywhere."

I look up and see him leaning over me.

"Here. Why?"

"You need to go outside, as the healer said."

I completely forgot about that.

"Oh. Okay." I turn back to Luna. "I'll be back."

"You better." She looks at mystery man. "If she gets hurt, I'll beat your ass."

He picks me up. "She'll be fine."

I wave bye to them as he takes me out of the room, they wave back. I love them. He pulls the door close by hooking his food around it and pulling it. I hear it close as he walks down the hallway to the stairs.

"You have to tell me who you are, or I'll fall and break my ankle and I'll tell Luna it's your fault."

"You better not."

"I will."

He stops walking halfway up the stairs. He turns around as if he was going to walk down them.

"I'll drop you."

I gasp. "I'll tell her, and you will be in trouble!"

I poke his chest a few times. He seems enlightened.

"If she finds me," he whispers in my ear.

Those little bumps return on my skin, my face feels hot. He muffles his laughter and goes back to walking up the stairs. Who would have thought castles could get so hot? They're supposed to be cold. This is going to be a long trip.

"How are you going to carry me the whole walk there?"

"We're not walking."

"We're not?"

"No. Callista happily volunteered to take us there."

"Oh yay. Walk faster."

I'm so excited.

"You walk faster."

"I'm on a maintenance break, sorry. Come back later."

He shakes his head and gets outside through the secret passage and around the back of the castle. I've never seen anyone on this side of the castle. Is it deserted or something? There is never as much as a door creek, or crack from wood, or a singular footstep.

Once at the stalls he sets me down and greets them all in the kingdom's language. He opens Callista's stall after she nudges him enough times. Once opened she walks over to me and puts her forehead on mine. I rub the sides of her head. She's so big. They're all big and the smallest one is the completely black one and even she is big.

"Hi baby, I've missed you."

She lays on the floor and puts her snoot on my back, pushing me towards her. I get on her before she pushes me over. I want to take her with me tonight.

It's sad. I'm getting attached to the Pegasus and people here, I don't want to leave them, but I can't stand being here. I'm being torn apart and my heart is breaking.

I wrap myself around her neck as she stands up. Her hair is absolutely gorgeous, the softest hair I've ever touched. It shines as bright as the sun and is whiter than the clouds. I'm definitely not jealous.

Once up, mystery man gets on her too. If they didn't have wings, I wouldn't have to be on her neck, and he wouldn't have to be on her bum. She starts walking once he whistles. I rub the back of her ears. They keep twitching. After too much she jerks her head away from my hands.

"Stop bothering her before she flings us off."

I turn around to face him.

"I'm not tormenting her."

He leans forward, putting his hands on the middle of her back. He's much closer now.

"Once a liar, always a liar."

I turn back around.

"I'm not a liar, am I?"

She snorts. So sassy. I love her too.

"She agrees."

"Shush."

"Scared of the truth, princess?"

"No."

I feel his presence getting stronger as he leans closer to me.

"Then why don't you say it?"

Time to ignore him. My ears now don't work anymore.

Callista isn't walking in the village or by any paths. She's trotting through the open field. Horse riding is so fun. He makes some noise, I have no idea how, and now she canters. I've learned that Pegasus aren't as agile as unicorns, if any at all.

After some time, we got to the gate. It still took a while but not as long, the sun hasn't set this time. It is still decently high. He gets off of Callista and walks in front of the guards. Same ones as last time. They're watching me and him.

"Good evening gentlemen. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm aware that the kingdom's healer discussed with you good men earlier about Princess Vivienne needing to be outside so her wounds will heal."

One of them nods, the one that opened the gate last time.

"What do you fine men say?"

The guard opens the gate. Callista lays down and I give her a big hug before getting off and limping over to the mystery man. He picks me up and walks out. My ears pop again. Everything happens the same as last time. It's so strange.

"How long will this take? I want to watch Luna make the dress before it's too late."

He shrugs. There is this faint sensation on the wound. It gets stronger the farther we get. It feels hot, tight. The skin keeps tightening, and I can feel everything on that part of my leg moving. Ew it feels disgusting, my mind thinks of the most disgusting things.

"Why is my leg hurting so much? Shouldn't it be healing?"

"It is. The farther we get from the kingdom, it'll heal faster too."

I look past his shoulder. He must walk fast, we're far away. Now the tingling is in my arm too. This is a horrible feeling.

"If I'm healing, why does it hurt?"

He stops walking and turns around, facing the kingdom. It looks even more massive during the day.

"Have you never gotten injured before?"

"Yea when I fall and scratch my knee or hit my hand on a wall. I usually don't get stabbed with arrows."

"Well, princess, that's how it feels."

I lean off of him so the poor side of my face can breathe.

"Do you regularly get shot with arrows? How do you know what it feels like?"

A/N: Do you guys think she will successfully run away this time?