𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

BECKY

Bangkok, Thailand

Do you ever get that feeling that as soon as you wake up, you would know right away you are gonna have a bad day? Hmm, it might be strange to some but then to me it will never be.

Oh, I'm Rebecca Patricia Armstrong.

Armstrong. A surname that will always be known to the corporate world. The surname that is known to have gone down the drain just because of a business deal gone wrong.

Robert Armstrong and Richie Armstrong. The men who led the battle but have failed to protect the kingdom they have tried to build over the last five years.

It all happened when the news revealed that William Sarich and I were dating.

I know. Why william?

William was my first boyfriend, first love, and first in everything. He made me feel like I was a princess that was meant to live in the castle and have a luxurious life; the princess that was not meant to do anything, and the princess that was meant to live her life at the castle until the day she passes. The typical damsel in distress.

William was my knight in shining armor. He was the kind of man you would have read out of fictional books. Tall, handsome, smart, and was well-built. However, my father was against our relationship. He never accepted William and William, in return, held a grudge against him.

Whenever he comes over, my father would give him a glare that would be described as the "I-do-not-like-you-for-my-daughter" look.

William was kind. But even a man's kindness has a limit.

For a few years he has tolerated my father's attitude toward him. He would be cut off whenever he tried to speak at family dinners, left out on social gatherings. But even then, he remained kind. He would smile at me and kiss my forehead and tell me sweet nothings.

But that was a year ago.

After the news broke out, I lost contact with him. They cut off all our connections and never returned to Bangkok. It all went downhill from there. Richie and dad struggled to keep the company afloat.

It was just Richie, dad, and I. Mom passed away when she gave birth to me. So imagine how hard it was for my father to not have his biggest support system during that time. I also tried to look for other jobs: modelling, busking in pubs, and other public places. Still, it was not enough. We lost the company and we didn't know where and how to begin again.

So, We moved to Chiang Mai after that.

But then three months ago, we had to move back to Bangkok again. Seeing as mostly mom's relatives are here and settling down in Chiang Mai really didn't go as planned so then we had no choice but to go back to the place where it all felt apart.

Now, as I lazily moved around the bed and stretched, I reminisced everything that has happened for the last five years and how grateful I am still that even though we lost the company - we as a family, rose from the loss and held our heads up high, moved forward and stood together.

"Good morning, daddy." I spoke as I kissed my father in the head and proceeded to sit down on the chair and started to eat breakfast.

"Hey, sis." Richie appeared from the kitchen wearing my pink apron and gloves as he held a casserole and walked towards the kitchen table full of egg platters and bacon platters and sat down.

"Hey, I have an interview today so I need you to look after Bonbon." I said as he looked up and stared at me incredulously and spoke, "I thought you want to rest for awhile?"

"Yes, but, dad's medicine prices are on an all-time high and I need to work double shifts to be able to pay this month's rent." I shrugged and continued to put some more eggs on my plate.

"Alright, you do have a point though. But you need to come home early as my boss needs me to come in early at the pub later. Something about a VIP guest coming." He then stood up and removed his apron and retrieved a jar full of water from the fridge and poured some on his glass.

"Okay, will try to come home early then. Bye, daddy! Bye, Richie!" I then kissed my dad on his forehead and pat Richie on the shoulder and walked to the front door and went out.

I hailed a cab and told him the address of the company I am trying to get a job from.

45 grueling minutes later and we arrived. I opened the door and went out of the cab. I tried to breathe in the air and closed my eyes. Sighing deeply as I hoped that this interview will go smoothly and that I'll land this job. I badly need this because it pays a lot and the benefits that this company gives to its employees are exceptional.

I walked up to the front door and into the reception desk. A woman clad in a black camisole covered by her white blazer looked up and smiled at me.

"Hi, I'm Nam. Looknam Orntara. I'm not the receptionist, actually. I'm just covering for the original receptionist who ran an errand for me. Anyway, what can I help you with?"

"Oh. I'm Rebecca Armstrong. You can call me Becky or becca or whatever it is. And err, I am actually here for the potential legal counsel interview? For the CEO?" I stuck my hand out to her. She then took it and shook my hand.

"Fifty-first floor. The only office on that floor. She's there. She will be the one interviewing you directly as she is very particular with people that will be working for her and with her. A tip though, always be on her good graces. And maybe then she'll consider you." She winked at me and proceeded to guide me to the elevators and pressed the up button.

As soon as the elevator ding and opened, she softly pushed me inside and happily waved at me. I then waved back and smiled at her. When the elevator doors closed, I sigh and bowed my head; tried to pray to some god. Hoping and praying for this job interview to be successful.

The elevator dinged again indicating I have arrived at my desired floor. It opened and as soon as I stepped out still with my head bowed down, I bumped into the chest of a person that I did not know was in front of the elevator. I shrieked and grabbed her nape and closed my eyes. Braced myself for impact but then it never came.

Instead, I felt strong arms wrapped around my waist. Her strong yet gentle smell wafted through my nose and I almost felt like I was in heaven.

I opened my eyes and there she is. Staring blankly at me with her eyebrow raised and lips thinned.

Oh God.

She is Freen.

It was Freen.

Freen Sarocha Chankimha.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Badumbumbumbum OUR FIRST EVER COLLABORATION BOOK! ❤️