𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡

Day 1 (continuation of breakfast date)

After their breakfast date, Rebecca and Freen then shortly arrived at Chankimha Industries. Rebecca, not wanting to attract gossip and attention, chose to be dropped off at the entrance of the secluded parking lot and would walk away all the way to the entrance of the building. She then hurriedly got out of the car and walked away. Sighing, Freen drove away and parked in her exclusive spot.

Twenty minutes after Rebecca got inside the building, Freen soon followed. The employees bowed down to her as a sign of respect and greeting; with her nodding and glancing at them briefly, not really interested towards them.

May, the receptionist, approached her and handed her some files to be reviewed.

"Good morning, Ms. Chankimha. Do you need anything to start your day? I would be glad to be of service," May smiled wide at her, hands clasped together. Freen squinted her eyes at her and gave her a thorough look but then smiled a little at her.

"No, thank you. I'm okay. But good job though. Keep it up."

Freen patted her on the shoulders and walked away - heading to her exclusive elevator. May's gaze followed her. Looking at Freen's back, sighing contentedly and giggled to herself.

"You know, you'll never have a chance with her," Fay appeared out of nowhere and looked over May's shoulders. May abruptly turned around and slapped Fay on the shoulder.

"Hey! You don't get to scare a woman like that! What if I have a weak heart, hm? What if I accidentally had a heart attack," May pouted at her and crossed her arms. Fay chuckled and flicked her forehead.

"You're too dramatic for your own liking. Don't worry, if you do get a heart attack, I'll give you my heart to own, love, and cherish for the rest of your life" Fay teased her and turned around and started to walk away from her. May, too stunned to speak, recovered after 20 seconds and ran after Fay.

"Hey, wait up! Such a tease!"

On the other side of the office, Rebecca walked into her cubicle and slumped down on her chair. Sighing deeply and throwing her head back, She closed her eyes momentarily and sighed again. After which, she straightened her posture and started to arrange her things. Suddenly, Mint, her co-worker, approached her and gave her a bouquet of sunflowers.

"Oh? Where did these come from?" Becky asked her and tried to inspect the bouquet. She then noticed a card and letter on the inside of the bouquet - slightly hidden by the flowers.

I know you'll like these flowers because these are your favorite. I'll be away for a month so don't miss me too much, okay? I love you always, Bec. 

Love, William

Rebecca grimaced at the card and frowned.

'Sunflowers' isn't even my favorite flower. Who's the girl that likes sunflowers, William?' Rebecca wondered. Did William even know her favorites? Favorite food, favorite dessert, favorite place to go to whenever she's sad?

She sighed, that's really sad though if after all those years of being together, William didn't even know about the small things that he should have known like the back of his hand by now.