𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟟

As morning came, and the sun shone through the window curtains - one woman on the other end of the hallway of the massive-sized penthouse lay asleep. Rebecca, was in a deep slumber, still feeling the tiredness of last night's event; both physically and mentally.

A soft knock on the door stirred her awake then. Groaning, she slowly opened her eyes and slowly sat up; rubbing her tired and swollen eyes. She got out of bed and opened the door, seeing a woman in a maid's outfit. The woman smiled at her and greeted her good morning.

She smiled back and returned the greeting. The maid then informed her that breakfast was ready and that her clothes are already clean and dry (as Freen messaged the maids last night to come in earlier than they were usually instructed to and clean the future Mrs. Chankimha's outfit.) Hearing the word 'breakfast' though sent waves of shock to her core.

"Wait. Breakfast? What time is it?" She asked; frantically going back to her room and trying to look for her phone. Finding it, she immediately opened and unlocked it. Seeing several messages from Richie and from her dad, Asking her where she went and that they were worried about her.

"It's already 6:30 in the morning, miss," the maid shouted. Not receiving a response back from the woman, she took it as a sign to leave and close the door - giving the future missus of their boss some privacy.

'Shit shit shit. How the hell am I gonna explain this to daddy and Richie.'  Rebecca mumbled to herself.

She looked around and tried to look for something decent she could wear; forgoting her clean and dry clothes downstairs that was already waiting to be fetched. She found a white vintage drawer filled with  several skirts, casual dresses, formal dress, casual jeans, and casual tops. Fetching a gray sweatpants and some Harvard hoodie, she immediately got changed and went downstairs. Frantically running out of the house and hailed a cab.

Upon arriving at the Armstrong residence, she burst through the door and immediately spotted Richie asleep on the couch with Bonbon on his lap. Sensing her mother's presence, Bonbon rose up and jogged towards her mother. Richie groaned from Bonbon's movements and opened his eyes. When he saw his sister, he immediately sprung out of the couch and hugged her. Worry evident in his eyes.

"Where the hell have you been?! We tried looking for you. We called and messaged you several times yet we received no response from you. You made us worried." He pulled away from the hug and placed his hands on his sister's shoulder, gently patting it.

"I'm sorry. I just got so busy last night I lost track of time. I just needed a little bit of a getaway before the real work in Chankimha Industries starts." She lied through her teeth. She didn't want her brother to know that she had secretly met up with her ex - the one her brother and father loathed to the core. Richie nods and squeezes her shoulder and heads for the kitchen.

"I'll just make breakfast, what do you want" he called out. Becky shook her head and went to the first step of the stairs.

"Nah, it's okay, I'll make breakfast for us. I've bothered and worried you and dad enough for a whole week. Let me just shower for a while and I'll make them." Rebecca, not waiting for Richie's response, immediately jogged upstairs. Leaving Richie shrugging and sitting back down on the couch.

30 minutes later, Rebecca emerged downstairs and went to the kitchen. Now clad in a new sweatshirt and jogger pants - half wet hair tied into a bun.