Identity Revealed

Nicholas also Known as Nick

I'm in my office going through some important paperwork I have been the Alpha of radiant flow pack since the last four years. Being an Alpha means lot of responsibilities and I've also had many sleepless nights the only thing that matters to me is the well-being of my pack. Everything has gone smoothly during these last few years, but suddenly there have been attacks taking place in the last month. I have been trying my best to figure out who could be behind this, we have some suspects but can't confront them without any proofs. I have my gazes fixed on the papers just then my phone beeps with a message I grab it from the table it's from Alex (Alexander) it says that they are on the way and would arrive soon. I swiftly close the files and began to walk down the stairs. I was greeted by Zoe who is Alex's mate she was standing in the foyer.

"Good morning, Alpha Nick." She said with a cheerful smile on her face.

"Good morning, Zoe." I replied in a polite tone.

Although she had a cheerful smile on her face it doesn't hide the fact that she didn't sleep last night, I could see how red and swollen her eyes where she looked restless. I blame myself for her state because instead of Alex I was the one who was supposed to go and collect Valerie. But than an important meeting came up and I had to send Alex because I trusted him, not just because he is my Beta but his like a family to me.

"Alex just notified me that they are on the way." She said in a soft voice.

"Yes, they'll arrive shortly." I spoke looking at her.

Ophelia, who is my cook, arrives with my coffee she greets me and hands me my coffee mug she informs me that the room is ready, just the way how I wanted it to be. I give her an approving nod and she gets back to her job. I want everything to be perfect for Valerie I want to make her feel like it's her own house. I took a sip of my coffee while standing and turned my face towards Zoe who has been fidgeting with her leg, I asked her if she had eaten anything she replied no she's waiting for Alex to arrive, and then they'll have breakfast together. I'm so happy for Alex that he got a mate like her. Just then my wolf interrupted.

"I'm sure our mate will be a kind – hearted as well."

"Looks like someone is jealous." I smirked at him.

"Not at all, I have a feeling that our mate will be worth the wait." He answered

I'm in my 20's and still have not got my mate. It doesn't affect me for now, but that doesn't mean we don't need our mate we need her. But I'm waiting for it to happen at the right time, and I don't mind waiting a little longer just like my wolf said she will be worth it. I'm also glad that I got a very understanding wolf. As I drink my coffee, I hear a car honking in front of the mansion.

"It must be them." Zoe says beaming

I kept my mug on the table and walk towards the door I see a car halted in front of the mansion, Zoe who is standing by my side is jumping with excitement at the sight of her mate. Alex got down first from the car the moment she sees him she runs in his direction and hugs  him firmly.

Then my eyes shift on a girl emerging from the backseat the same girl who I saw 12 years ago and taught would never meet again, here she is standing right in front of me all grown up she grabs her mini bag pack from the car and starts walking towards me pushing her shoulders back her head held high .Were just inches away from each other the moment our eyes meet time freezes When I looked into her beautiful hazel eyes I saw the same determination of never giving up that she had when we first met . But does she even remember me? A question popped up in mind. Just than Alex interrupts he stands next to me and begins to speak.

"Valerie, the person about whom you been asking your rescuer is none other than." He was about to tell her my name.

"Nick, is that really you?" She asked with her eyes wide open, and eyebrows raised.

I replied yes in a calm voice, she stepped closer to me and looked up at my face and said, "I remember your pale blue eyes which always reminded me of the ocean." she was always fascinated by my eyes as a child I looked at her warmly and said, "How have you been my little warrior?" She didn't say anything back instead hugged me I did the same. I felt all the tension living my body and felt so relaxed that I never felt in years I wish this moment never ends. Just as I was thinking she pulled away she stared at me with her eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Why didn't you allow Alexander to tell me that it was you all along?" She asked in a loud voice.

"I had my reasons." I looked away from her.

Alex mind links me that there has been another attack, and the gamma is waiting for us at the pack house for further discussion, we need to leave right now. I agree with him but order him to stay with Zoe since she has been waiting for him. Alex says that he and Zoe can talk later once they get back. But I insisted he can't go against me, so he agrees. I turn towards Valerie who has her eyes fixed on me.

"I apologise and take the full accountability for my actions and promise to answer all your questions when I get back." I said looking in her eyes with a serene voice.

I didn't get a response back as I turn to leave, I felt two arms clasping me tightly around my chest. It was Valerie I was not expecting it she looked at me and uttered a "Thank you".

I smiled at her and said you are safe here and nobody can lay their hands on you if you need anything don't hesitate to ask. I mind link with Ophelia

"Ophelia, can you please take care of Valerie in my absence."

"Yes Alpha."

Valerie this is my cook Ophelia she is also the caretaker of the mansion she will take care of you in my absence. Ophelia and Valerie share a warm smile.

"Valerie, come let me take you to your room." She said in a gentle voice.

They went inside the mansion Alex and Zoe also left for their house. Sometimes they stay in the mansion they have their own room Zoe likes helping around and Alex he is my beta so it's convenient. I took out my car key from my pocket and head towards the garage I unlock the car door and got in and I messaged Julian who is my gamma saying, "I'm on my way." I began to drive after driving for about half an hour I arrive at the pack house.