Mate bond takes over

Nick 

Sebastian enters the room he is our pack doctor he gets closer to Valerie; he gives her a gentle smile and I introduce him to Valerie.

"Valerie this is our pack doctor Sebastian." He's here to check you.

"What's wrong with me? I'm perfectly fine." She says looking at me with her eyebrows raised in surprise.

I remain silent she continues to stare at me. Sebastian greets her He bends and slowly lifts her nightshirt sleeve up. My wolf growls I began to think why he reacted like that.

"Lucas is something bothering you." I asked my wolf in a concerned voice, but he didn't answer me.

It's weird I can't understand what's got into him. I shift my gaze back at Valerie, Sebastian continues to examine her.

Valerie looked preoccupied with her thoughts. Sebastian asked her some questions but when he asked her the next question and she began to explain I was fuming. My wolf growled again. How can someone be so ruthless I thought to myself. Sebastian asks her some more questions and continues to examine her after that he prescribed her some medicines and took his leave Ophelia leads him. I go and sit next to Valerie on her bed I got teary – eyed I was so mad at myself that I couldn't protect her. I could feel her gaze on me.

"It's all my fault." I said looking at the ground.

"Nick, look at me it's not your fault." She said holding my hands.

"If I had arrived earlier this would have not happened." I said looking in her beautiful greenish brown almond shaped eyes.

"We can't undo something that has already happened we need to focus on the present, I'm here safe with you and that's all that matters." She said looking in my eyes.

She embraced me for some time and told me to stop blaming myself and wiped the tears from my face with her silky-smooth hands. Ophelia came in the room she had brought Valerie's medicines. She asks Ophelia how she manage to get her medicines this late. Ophelia told her that one of our pack members owns a pharmacy and he brought her the medicines when she informed him. Valerie thanks her she hands her the medicines and after taking the medicines we talked for some time and then there was a complete silence between us I began to speak.

"Valeria promises me that you will never hide your pain from me." I said looking at her beautiful round face.

"I promise you Nick that I will never hide my pain from you." She reassured me and gave me a warm smile.

She told me to go and rest I caressed her cheek and said sweet dreams Valerie, I gave her a gentle smile. I turn off the lights and close her room door.

I go into my room and change into my green check bottoms and grey t-shirt. I asked my wolf again before going to bed "Why did you act like that Lucas?" he stayed quiet. I was about to go to bed he began to talk.

"I apologise for my behaviour earlier; you were so tensed that I didn't want to break the news to you."

"What news?" I became curious.

"We have found our mate?" He says in a delighted voice and lets out a shriek.

"Where is she?" I couldn't believe we finally have a mate.

"In this house." He said beaming with excitement.

"This house?" But in this house only I, Ophelia and." I paused when I was about to say the next name.­

"Valerie? Is it her." I questioned him.

"Yes, it's her are one and only beloved mate." He said grinning.

"When did you find out?" I asked him.

"When we had gone to check on her in her room." He spoke

I sit on my bed I was thrilled that Valerie is our mate. But I had never imagined that we could have a relationship other than friendship. I have always cared and loved her as my best friend. But now we get show her the same care and love as our mate. I fell on the bed thinking about the future will have together.

"Aren't you happy that she is our mate, you haven't said anything." He said it in a worried tone.

"I'm pleased, it's just that I 've never expected my best friend to be our mate out of all the she wolves." I said to him looking out of my double hung window.

I see the bright shining moon from my window I got out of bed and began to walk towards the window looking at the moon I said, "Thank you Moon Goddess for sending Valerie back in our life and for making her our mate we promise to cherish and love her till my last our breath." I went back to my bed after the conversation with my wolf, I tried to sleep but I couldn't we wanted to see our mate, but we didn't want to disturb her.

"It's the mate bond we want our mate." He spoke.

"But we can't go near her she is sleeping." We need to control ourselves I said to him.

He became quite I have never wanted anything so badly in my life than my mate. I had only heard the effects about mate bond, how once you find your mate you want them to be close to you. Although Valerie is in the same house but still, she's in a separate room.

The Next morning, I freshened up and put on my black slim fit trousers with a long sleeve Navy blue shirt and tied the lace of my black leather shoes. I began to put on cologne my wolf interrupts me.

"So, when are we going to tell our mate?" He waited eagerly for an answer.

"I haven't thought how I'm going to break the news to her, but I want it to be Special" I said styling my black curly hair.

"That means we have to wait for some more time." He growled.

"Someone looks annoyed." I smirk at him.

After I was done, I went downstairs heading towards the dining room for breakfast. Alex mind links me.

"Good morning, Alpha Nick, just wanted to remined you about the meeting we have with Julian at 10 :00 am at the mansion."

"Good morning, Alex, Thanks for the reminder."

Most of the meetings take place at the packhouse but today I have to go and lend a helping hand to Andrew to prepare for the party after the meeting. So, I decided to have the meeting at the mansion. The other reason is that the travel distance is less from the mansion to his packhouse.

"Good morning, Alpha Nick." Ophelia said to me giving me a radiant smile.

"Good morning, Ophelia." I said smiling back at her.

I sit on my chair; I was drawn to strong fresh and fruity scent of freesias and strawberries. It was coming from Valerie who is sitting opposite to me she gives me a soft smile gently curling her pink lips at the corner of her mouth.

"Our mate is perfect." My wolf says and I totally agree with him.

"Good morning, Nick." She says in her gentle voice.

"Good morning, Valerie, did you sleep well? I asked to her.

"I slept well. thank you for asking!" She said smiling at me.

But why did you wake up so early you should have rested. As I was saying that I noticed her hands which were visible because she was wearing a white tank top.

"Your bruises are gone?" I was amazed how is this possible I thought to myself she doesn't even have a wolf.

"Thanks to Sebastian after taking his prescribed medicines the bruises vanished." Saying that she continues to smile at me.

It's not because of the medicines it's something else I thought to myself. And instantly mind linked with Sebastian to meet me in my mansion office to which he agreed.