Changes

Nick

I just told Valerie that she was my mate, she stood frozen in her place without uttering a word panic took over me there was pin - drop silence between us. Her face was unreadable does she not want us? I thought to myself.

"Will you stop overthinking our mate will never reject us." Lucas (wolf) said to me.

If she rejects us not only, will I lose my partner but also my best friend with whom I shared beautiful memories. No this can't be happening it will change everything what if she hates us after this? I thought to myself I can't see her walk away from us I shook my head at that taught.

"Your just being dramatic." Lucas said.

I began to think about all the possibilities of how things could go wrong between me and her. "Nick" I heard her call my name in her soft voice bringing me back to reality she came closer to me and embraced me I did the same. But still she didn't say anything, and it was eating me up I don't care if I'm acting childish the only thing, I care about is how she feels about us I'm eagerly waiting for her answer.

"I'm over the moon that you're my mate Nick" she said, and I was stunned.

"I thought you were going to reject me when I didn't get any answer from you." I said her hugging her firmly in my arms.

"Why would I do that silly I have known you since we were little although we didn't spend a lot of time together, I am lucky to have you as my best friend and now I'm blessed to have you as my mate. When you told me I was processing what you said I couldn't believe it. But when it finally sank in, I was ineffable thrilled when you told me that I was your mate I thanked the Moon Goddess for choosing you as my mate." hearing those words coming out of her mouth I became a little teary - eyed with joy she is delighted that she is our mate she doesn't regret it.

"I had told you, but you didn't believe me." Lucas growled.

"Nick, does you wolf dislike me why does he growl when I'm with you?" she thinks my wolf despises her. Only if she knew how he reacts when he sees her unhappy, he creates a hurricane in my mind.

"Would you like to say anything to our mate Lucas." I asked my wolf who was quite for some few minutes before he answered.

"Yes, I would like to apologise for by behaviour." He said in a melancholy voice I allowed my wolf to take control and talk to our mate.

"Hello mate I'm Lucas Nick's wolf." he said to Valerie.

"Hi Lucas, I'm Valerie it's nice to meet you." she said looking into my now pitch-dark eyes.

"Pleased to meet you too mate, I would like to apologise for my actions earlier the growling was for when I saw you in distress, I hate it when you're sad." He said to her.

"Aww you're so sweet Lucas even I apologise for getting the wrong idea earlier it was only your care behind that growl and not hatred." She said to him looking at him with adoration.

"We would never hate our mate we have waited for a longtime, and we are so pleased to finally have you in our lives you are perfect for us." He said in a delighted voice to her.

"When did you find out that I was your mate?" she questioned him.

"The night we came to check on you in your room I was drawn to your strong fresh and fruity scent of freesias and strawberries, I instantly realised that you were our mate, but I told Nick when we reached his room because he was stressed, and I didn't want to break the news to him at that time." He answered her.

Valerie

When Nick told me that I was his mate I couldn't believe it that my childhood best friend was my life partner "thank you so much Moon Goddess for choosing Nick as my mate." To be honest mate bond never excited me earlier until I found out that Nick was my mate. My mother always told me that the mate bond would make you go crazy, and you can't deny your feelings even if you want to and how rejecting your mate can put you and your mate in agony. I would never do that to Nick I said to myself today is the happiest day in my life. It' felt like everything that was taken from me was given back when I found out Nick was my mate all these years after my parent's death, I felt lonely, not loved and there was no one with whom I could share my thoughts and be vulnerable with I don't even remember when I smiled last before coming here. Nick was the only person with whom I could freely talk he understood me like no one else. He was the missing piece in my life that I finally found I feel complete now I was on cloud nine. Thinking about all the things and what the future awaits for us I can't wait to make many more memories with my best friend and to grow old with him. I realised that I was so lost in my thoughts that I had completely forgotten to respond to Nick when I looked up at him, I could see panic written all over his face. I moved closer to him and told him how I feel at that moment I heard a growl I thought his wolf hated me, but it was nothing like that his wolf cared for me and he didn't like me being sad he said, and Nick took control.

"I hope my wolf didn't annoy you." when he said that I heard another growl and I chuckled at it.

"Not at all in fact he was really sweet, I like him."

We sat down on the rock looking at the view Nick puts his hand around my waist, and I rested my head on his chest. Life is so crazy few days ago I was running for my life from my greedy uncle and aunt who wanted to trade me to a man. And here I am now sitting in the arms of the man who loves me to the core, and I love him even more, but I haven't confessed yet.

If it was someone else instead of Nick things would have been the opposite, Moon Goddess knew very well that I was only compatible with him. I have never been a girl waiting for her prince charming to come and sweep me off my feet instead, I always enjoyed being on the battlefield. Some of our pack members even warned my parents saying that if I become stronger than my mate, he won't like me. That's the other reason why I'm happy that Nick is my mate because he always pushes me to do things that I like he calls me his little warrior he has always appreciated my fighting skills. I wish I could stay like this forever in his embrace listening to his heartbeat Nick began to talk to me tucking my hair behind my ear do you remember how one time my mom said that she would love for you to be my mate I giggled recalling that scene.

Flashback

Little Valerie comes in the living room where everyone is gathered, she twirls and shows them her pink shinning dress and golden crown that Nick's mom bought for her.

"Valerie, you look like an angel in that dress you're so beautiful I wonder who that lucky person will be to have you as his mate." Valerie's father frowns at her words.

"She is still little don't talk about those things in front of her." but that's the reality Nick's mom says smirking one day your daughter will no longer be little and leave with her mate and have her own family.

"She will always be my little girl no matter what you say but I can guarantee you that your son wouldn't be her mate I love your son, but I can't she my daughter having a mother-in-law like you." he said it was Valerie's dad turn to smirk now and he got his satisfaction when she frowned at him.

Valerie's mom and Nick's mom where best friends although they were not from the same pack but both their fathers where alpha, so they met during meetings. And their friendship deepened but when Valerie's dad came in the picture, she didn't get much time to spend with her mom like she did earlier. Now her mom was the Luna and had many responsibilities Nick's mom was upset they stayed in a different country and would only visit during the holidays.

"I would love Nick to be Valerie's mate they would look so adorable together." Valerie's mom said making her dad frown.

"Honey that's the reality she will have to leave us one day but if it's with Nick, you can visit her often if It's someone else I doubt they will even allow us to meet our daughter Knowing how irritated you get at simple things." Nick's mom chuckled and said exactly.

"Why don't you stop your wife for making fun of me Valerie's dad asks Nick's dad." please keep me out of this he said, and everyone laughed.

Flashback ends

Valerie

I can imagine your mom being on cloud nine right now and my dad frowning at her he chuckles I wish they were here he said gazing at the sky. I taught I had lost everything, but I was wrong I still had Nick and I can't imagine my life without him I turned to look at him his eyes were directed towards the sky. I wanted to give him a kiss on the cheek but at that moment he decided to turn towards me my lips met his they were soft, and I felt a spark within me I pulled back from him. Everything happened so quickly my life has been and continues to change drastically and now my rising feelings for him. I want to tell him everything that I feel right but now I won't our relationship has just started, and I want to take it slow.

"Valerie we both know how his mate thing works and being the Alpha and Luna is more pressure, but I want us to take things slow I don't want to rush you into anything I want you to fulfil your dreams first. He said looking at me in my eyes and I can clearly see that he meant everything that he said. My love for this man sitting right in front of me increased even more.

"I will introduce you to the pack soon they need to know that you are their Luna." the moment he said that a new realisation hit me that my life had changed not only because I was Nick's mate, but I was also the Luna of the radiant flow pack.