And Gryffindor

Sirius awoke surrounded by warmth and—

His eyes flickered open, and he felt small hands latched into his robes. A face buried into his chest, his body stiffening upon seeing Regulus there, snuggled in close, dressed in his pajamas. Sirius took a deep breath, reaching out to disentangle his brother's hands from his nightclothes, for it turned out Sirius wore those instead of his school robes.

Regulus' hands remained steadfast, not budging an inch, and only snuggled closer.

The red curtain slid open, and Peter's face, of all things, appeared. "Rise and shine! It's..." The smile faltered, seeing Regulus. "What is he..."

James appeared, clamping a hand over Peter's mouth. "Shush. You'll wake Sirius' baby brother."

Sirius glared at James. "Why are you grinning ear to ear, James Potter, and when did they transfer us from the infirmary to..."

"Infirmary?" a muttered voice said, then came a sigh as the other curtain opened. "Sounds like we should take you to the infirmary because, honestly, I don't know what you're talking about?"

"Don't you, Remus? McGonagall came and got me because Regulus..."

"Why would she need to do that?" James said. "Regulus was sorted into the same house as you," his best friend continued, then he flopped onto Sirius' bed, leaning into the palms of his head. "So lucky."

"What are you..."

"You've got such an adorable baby brother," James said, rolling over. "And he got sorted into your house as well. Lucky!"

"Remus?" Sirius looked over at the other side, only to see Remus attempt to hold back a laugh. "Remus, this isn't funny."

"So James wants a baby brother as well," Remus said, still trying to hide his laugh. "And you got to admit, he is quite adorable."

"Shush. You'll wake him," James said.

"And that matters because?" Peter said. "I think this is actually quite gross."

Sirius felt the corner of his mouth twitch, pulling his pillow from his bed and tossing it hard enough to knock Peter off his feet nearly. "What's gross?"

And then—

Much to his misery, Regulus clung tighter, not letting go and muttering in his sleep. "Siri. Don't leave. Don't leave me again."

Sirius took a deep breath, sighing. "Ugh. Regulus. This is..."

"Where is he!"

Sirius frowned, his mind still sure he'd fallen asleep with Regulus in the infirmary. "In which case he'd be in Slytherin, but who..."

And then he appeared.

"Rosier!" Sirius snapped. "What are you doing here?"

"Where's Regulus!"

"Go back," Sirius said, reaching for a book on his nightstand and throwing it at the younger boy, who would eventually become a Death Eater. He then dragged his brother on that journey with him. "...to Slytherin where you belong!"

"Can't. Got sorted into Gryffindor," Evan Rosier muttered, glaring at him. "And—there you are! You idiot!"

"Why! Why would you..."

Evan froze, having come further into the room, glaring at Sirius. "Isn't that obvious?"

"What do you mean?"

"I go where Regulus goes," Evan said, pushing between James and Peter. "Excuse me."

"He goes where Regulus goes? But doesn't that mean he followed Regulus into being a Death Eater and not the other way around?"

"Reg. Regulus. Reggie! Bloody, wake up!" Evan called out. "You're not in your own bed again, you idiot!"

"Hold on..." James sighed. "Again."

"None of your business, Potter," Evan said.

"Leave him! He's adorable," James said, reaching out to pull on Evan's cheek.

"Aunt Walburga and Aunt Druella will kill me if I don't make sure he's on his best behavior, so if you don't mind."

"Rosier," Sirius said. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"He's not even supposed to be having..." Evan started. He looked at Sirius. "You honestly don't remember?"

"What?"

"His..." Evan took a deep breath. "Privacy, please?"

"Uh, this is our dorm," James said.

And then, Remus took a deep breath, grabbing both James and Peter's ear. "I think he's wanting a discussion among family, James."

When he'd left, Evan took a deep breath. "His nightmares? You don't remember he does this when it happens?" Evan said.

"No. When was the last time..."

"When we were really little, I guess," Evan said, reaching out to nudge Regulus' shoulder. "Come on! Wake up!"

Sirius sighed. "I've got an idea, but you're not going to like it."

"Well, if it works, then do it."

"Alright, but I warned you," Sirius said. He stuck his finger in his mouth, then stuck that finger into Regulus' ear as Evan looked on in horror.

Regulus let out a yelp and backpedaled, falling off the bed.

Sirius looked over the edge of the bed. "Well, it worked. Morning Reggie."

"Why are you—why am I in the Gryffindor dorms?"

"Because we didn't get sorted into Slytherin, idiot," Evan said, reaching down and tugging Regulus from the room. "But this is why I got myself likewise sorted. You wouldn't be able to take care of yourself at all.

Sirius swallowed. "Did Rosier? Did he join up because of that? Because he knew Regulus was getting in over his head." He sighed, rubbing the back of his head and closing his eyes. "Nah. You're overthinking things." His eyes opened. "But I would like to know who keeps resetting things, insisting I try again. Try to do what? Bloody arse can't face me and tries erasing each encounter or something like that."

He got up. "Time to find Regulus again because there is no telling what will change in the next few moments."