BACK HOME

GENERAL POV
Her thoughts were interrupted as they pulled up in front of her house. She could hardly recognize it. Their once moderate decor was replaced with a new luxurious look.
The lawn was neatly mown with a round picnic table and two chairs placed on it.
The once shabbily painted walls of the house were now painted with bright luxurious colors.
There was a beautiful flower garden planted in front of her house, in a spot that used to be overgrown with dandelions.
Hannah was surprised by the new decor and stared in awe as her brother, Matthew, led her into the house.
She was even more surprised when she stepped into the house. The interior decor was even more luxurious than that found outside. She looked around in awe when....
"SURPRISE" shouted a crowd that was hiding in her living room.
Confetti rained onto her while her mom and dad both held a sign that read "WELCOME BACK HOME, HANNAH".

****
After the party Hannah was so exhausted that she fell asleep straight away. The next morning she went downstairs sleepily for breakfast.
She picked up her phone which she charged the previous night and turned it on it. As soon as it came up it buzzed as hundreds of messages began to pop up.
As she scrolled through the messages she spotted a chat from Leah.
She stared at it for a long time, both in shock and disbelief.
Leah was her arch nemesis. They competed in everything from academics to sports to extracurriculars. Leah always found joy in making her school life a living hell, so considering all of these she was surprised that Leah had texted her. She opened it and it read..

" Hey, gurl I heard you were out of the hospital. Sorry I couldn't come to see you at the hospital. You know how busy my schedule is. TTYL."

She didn't know how to reply to her so she didn't reply at all. She decided to place a call to Charlotte.

Charlotte was her BFFL(Best Friend For Life). They had been best friends since elementary school and planned to keep it that way. She called her a few times but she didn't answer so she dropped a text.
"I'm out of the hospital. Can't wait to see u again when I'm back in school"
For the rest of the day there was no reply from Charlotte.