Ch.22 The Night Of Loss

Jesus and I were outside our motel room sitting down on the stairs since we were on the 2nd floor. "Jesus thank you for defending me. I don't know why my cousin acted like that! We use to be so close!" I said. "He just thinks he's tuff now since he's in MS13." He said and hugged me. "I can't believe my mom wants to move back!" I said.

"I can't either I thought she wanted to stay here in L.A but I guess her pregnancy has her thinking different." He said.

Yeah sometimes I forget my mom is pregnant because for 5 months she sure has a not so big belly. "I would have been 6 months." I said looking down at the ground. "I know Mia. It's hard to loose a kid. Diablo now he is in a tight situation." Said Jesus.

I looked up at him and said "fuck I hope Jose gets caught! I hope they save her! That bastard never gave a fuck about our son! I want to kill him myself just by knowing what he did!" I said.

I felt my whole body shake in anger and Jesus just hugged me and said "calm down sis he ain't worth it!"

"Jesus! Mia!" Shouted my mom from inside the hotel room. We both walked in and my mom said "well your father and I were talking and." I cut her off and said somewhat excited "you're getting back together?!"

She looked at me and said "no were not getting back together but we are moving back home and your father wants you two to get real jobs and do good in school."

We looked at each other and did an 'are you serious' look. "Thank you Esme but I already have a job here remember I started working at East LA Hardware a couple weeks ago." Said Jesus.

"I know Jesus and I know you like it there but after I found out you three were in a gang I-i just want to move! I don't want you kids to put your life in danger and everyone else's life's in danger!" She said sitting down on the bed.

"Esme their life's will not be in danger." Began my father but was cut off my my mother. "What do you mean their life's will not be in danger? Look at Jesus' friend Danny! Because of him being in a gang they ended up kidnapping his daughter! And don't think I'm not mad at you anymore Eduardo!

I still can't believe you lied to me and my whole family! You should have told me from the start that you were in a gang! Actually you should have told me you were one of the leaders the gang!" Said my mom.

"Esme were not together anymore so do t be acting it and why would you want to take my 4 kids away from me!" Said my dad. I have a feeling this isn't going to be a good day so I step out.

I see that the sun is going down. "Wow what a beautiful sunset I said to myself." I felt my phone vibrate and I looked at it and it was a text from Andres.

-Andres: Call me!!!

I wonder what he would want So I called him right away. "Mia?" He said as he answered. "Hey um you wanted me to call you?" I said. "Yeah the homies have no idea where Diablo is! We haven't seen him or heard of him since yesterday and neither have his family!" He said.

"What!" I yelled in shock. I hope Diablo didn't do anything stupid!" "Yeah and I wanted to let you know in case you see him or hear about him." He said with a sigh.

"Thank you Andres." I said. "Well I'll let you go bye." He said. "Okay bye and thank you for telling me." I replied. "No problem" he said as he hanged up.

Fuck where could Diablo be! I walked inside and saw my parents still arguing. "Hey!" I said as they ignored me. "You guys!!" I said at the top of my lungs. "what's wrong Mia?" Asked my mom.

"You guys can't keep fighting! You two are already divorced get over it! And mom arguing is bad for you!" I said. "I know mija and we promise we won't fight again." "Anyways Andres just called me and Diablo is missing." I said.