Chapter 14 - [Beauty and the Friend]

Atem was right about my ankle taking two days to get better. The day after the whole Dom thing, I was pretty much stuck in bed while Atem brought me what I needed.

     The second day, I was up again and walking, but it still hurt a bit.

     By the third day, I was pretty much back to normal.

     Atem was a great help while I was injured. He didn't look like he particularly enjoyed helping me out so much but he still did it. And I was really grateful.

     Within those three days, I had explained to Atem who Dom was to me and why I didn't really appreciate him so much. And for some reason, Atem found my reason funny.

     He said that that's something that is common between his world and mine. Girls complaining about how unreliable boys are.

     But anyways, the two days of being stuck in bed were perfect. The first semester of University was coming to an end within the next couple of days, meaning that I was in final exam season.

     Meaning that me being stuck in bed allowed me to study since I had nothing better to do.

     So the day after I was back up, I was off to write my first exam. It was at six in the evening till eight and originally I was super annoyed at how late it was... but when it was over, I was beaming. I think it went really well. 

     Atem walked with me to the exam center of our campus because he thought that since I was so 'clumsy' I might slip and injure my fragile ankle again.

     When I teased him for worrying about me, he denied it and said that he wanted me to pass my exam and get a good job so that I could continue to pay for him. 

     But of course, I knew deep down he actually did worry about me. At least a little.

     And when I finished the exam I walked out with a smile on my face, only to be surprised by Atem sitting outside, reading.

     "You waited?" I asked as I rushed to him.

     He looked at me and shrugged, "well, the weather is not so bad."

     I chuckled, "thanks 'Tem."

     "I said don't call me that," he said as he stood up and started walking in the direction that led to the apartment.

     "How was your exam?" He asked as we walked.

     "Great!" I said, "I think I might get at least a B!"

     I had explained to him how grading worked here and he nodded his head, "why not an A? Is that not the best mark?"

     "Yeah, but I don't think I did that well."

     "Oh," he simply said as pulled his scarf over his face.

      I laughed and elbowed him, "you dope."

     "What?"

     I laughed again, and just as I opened my mouth to explain what dope meant, I heard my name being called.

     When I looked up, I saw Aurora and Alec across the street. She was waving frantically at me, trying to get my attention.

     I laughed, "hey!" I yelled as I stopped at an intersection and waited to cross.

     When I crossed the street with Atem and made it to her, she hugged me tightly, "how's your ankle?"

     Aurora knew all about what happened and she had pretty much the same reaction that Atem had. Well, to be honest, she was even more pissed off.