Chapter 31 - [Beauty and Julian the Jerk]

HELLO EVERYONE!!

I hope you all have been having a very wonderful holiday season!! =D I just wanted to let you all know that the next chapter will be up within the next couple hours as a late Christmas gift for you all! HAHA!! Just have to finish it up!

Thanks as always for reading! And please don't forget to vote and comment!

Happy Holidays!! And have a fantastic New Year!

Love,

Luckycharms!

-------------

On my birthday, my mother had made it clear that she wanted to spend some time with me and also get to know Atem. We had arranged for a day the following week to meet up and all I could say was Atem didn't seem too pleased with the thought.

     "The last time I spoke with your family, it ended very badly," he said as he waited for me to put on my shoes.

     "That's because you were talking to my grandfather. Things always go badly when you're talking to my grandfather."

     Atem still didn't look very excited.

     The plan was to meet my mother at a coffee shop near my apartment, so Atem and I both made our way to the shop. Thankfully, it was a short distance away.

     When we got there, my mother was already sitting in a booth, cellphone in her hands.

     I walked over to her with a smile. "Hey mom," I said as we approached her.

     My mother looked up from her phone with a smile. "Hey, sweetheart," she said before giving Atem a smile as well.

     Atem nodded his head at her before we both sat down in the seat in front of her.

     To be completely honest, I did expect this whole thing to be rather awkward. I mean, my mom was getting a chance to really talk to Atem, who was my boyfriend.

     And to top it all off, Atem was right when he said that the last time she saw us, things didn't go so well.

     However, it was pretty great.

     It was clear that my mom also knew it was going to be awkward, so she definitely seemed to be trying to avoid any awkward topics to help all three of us out.

     Atem was his usual self, pretty nonchalant and lacking any kind of emotion in his tone.

     Luckily for me, my mother was like that as well. So she was not at all offended by his demeanor.