Chapter 1: The Denali Family

Chapter 1:

The Denali Family

Edward and I were just arriving at the main house from our cottage when Alice had a vision; the Denali's were going to come live with us, as people were getting suspicious of them in Alaska.

We had gotten lucky. Our old classmates had moved away and new teachers were soon in Forks high school once Renesmee was fully grown. Those who knew about us having attended the school 20 years ago either passed away, moved on with their life elsewhere or doubted their memory thanks to Jasper - who confused them emotionally.

We only started attending Forks high-school again this year, so people still stared a lot.

Our story this time was the same as before, except Carlisle and Esme also adopted me and Renesmee. We're Esme's sister's children. They then also adopted Jacob, Seth and Leah, whos dad was a close family friend, who died of a heart attack.

Even though Billy, dad, Sue and the others were all still alive they were getting along and saw us frequently. Dad knows not to ask why I haven't changed a bit for the last two decades and doesn't question anyone of us about it as long as we promise not to move away. So we haven't, not that we want to move anyway.

"We are going to have to expand the house." said Carlisle.

"I have the perfect idea, it looks gorgeous. I'm on it, leave it to me." said Alice excitedly.

"When should we expect them Alice?"

"Tomorrow, they'll be here just before the sky clears up."

"Let's get started."

"Come on Bella, you and Renesmee are coming with us. Edward and the boys are going to go buy the materials we need while we're going shopping for decoration and necessities." Alice declared, grabbing my hand her and Rose dragged me to the cars and took me hostage.

"Look at this! It is perfect for you Renesmee, you have to get it!" Rose told my daughter. She had a sheer, floaty floral chiffon dress in a pastel orchid pink hue, with a rounded neckline and purple and yellow floral bloom print in her arms that would look stunning on Renesmee.

Renesmee bit her lip and eyed it carefully.

"Go on honey, it'll look gorgeous on you." Esme encouraged.

"Alright but we still have to get all the stuff for the house today."

"We'll still get everything, don't worry, now go change!" Alice was bouncing on the balls of her feet she was so excited about this.

Much to Alice's distaste Renesmee had my fashion sense and preferred comfy and practical, rather than her fashionable one.

After we had got everything home I called Jake who was at the reservation today, helping out with the new wolves, to come and get Renesmee so they would get some sleep. He came and picked her up and they left to go to Billy's house for the night.

We worked through the night to build the extension. Once we were done it looked like our old house simply larger. We'd made it wider and added another story onto it so that there were enough bedrooms for everyone.

Just as we finished with the last room and the garage Renesmee returned with Jake, Seth and Leah who all lived with us.

Their mouths dropped and their eyes widened.

"How did you do that?" asked Renesmee once she recovered.

"I can't even see where the extension begins and where the old house stops." said Seth in awe.

Edward chuckled then said, "No we didn't build an entirely new house Leah."

"I made breakfast." Esme called from the kitchen and they all ran to get some food.

"How long until they arrive Alice?" I asked.

"They'll be here in about 3 hours." she replied.

"Anyone feel like joining me on the hunt?" I asked.

Soon we were all running and hunting, even Leah who still prefers cooked meals.

Jasper won the biggest prey so he had bragging rights until our next hunt began. Seth wasn't too happy about losing his title but was a good sport about it nonetheless.

Just as we returned to the house we heard their cars coming down the drive.

Six brand new cars raced into the garage to their parking spots.

Luckily we'd made it bigger so that there was enough room for all our cars and the motorbikes as well as three empty parking spaces for when we have visitors. Then again Alice planned this, so it didn't really involve luck.

We all went outside to greet our cousins.

Eleazar, Carmen, Tanya, Kate, Nahuel and Garrett were the same as always. After the Volturi left us in peace Garrett stuck to his word and hasn't left Kate since. He even became a vegetarian, although he still struggles at times, much like Jasper.

Nahuel found his mate in Tanya so he joined the Denali's whilst Huilen joined Senna, Kachiri and Zafrina in the amazon as she couldn't keep up our diet.

"Carlisle, I see you remodeled." said Carmen after hugging us all.

"Well we wouldn't have been comfortable being cramped in the old one once you moved in with us." he smiled at them.

"We should have known that Alice would tell you," mumbled Tanya.

"Come in, come in." Esme instructed everyone.

Our house now accommodated eighteen people and two guest rooms.